breaking up walking

suziblues2000
suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering...I read somewhere that if I walked for 30 minutes everyday it wouldn't matter if I broke it up to two 15 minute times...is this true? Or should I walk the whole 30 minutes un-interrupted?
Thank you!
sue

Replies

• You can even break it up to three 10min intervals, as long as you keep moving, it all counts
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    They say intervals are the best!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    You can certainly do what works with your schedule.. It does all count! I'm not a here-say fan. But I just do what I can when I can and it seems to be working just fine :)
  • I think that the biggest disadvantage to breaking it up is the endurance benefit - every bit counts in terms of calories, but this isn't necessarily true for cardiovascular health.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I think that the biggest disadvantage to breaking it up is the endurance benefit - every bit counts in terms of calories, but this isn't necessarily true for cardiovascular health.

That's kinda what I was thinking.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I walk to work and back about 1.5 miles each way--it takes me about 30 minutes each way because I'm not exactly power walking . I just log it as one 60 minute chunk, but I agree that I am probably not getting the same exact benefits in terms of endurance as I would be doing it all at once. But I'm not really doing it for the endurance benefits.
This discussion has been closed.