Biggest Loser thoughts

Options
1235»

Replies

• saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    we also cracked up last night because they kept making a big deal about the 4 hours of TV that kids watch....and the show itself is 2 hours long.

I recorded it while i was at the gym and then fast forwarded through all the boring parts haha! I really like the workouts but the challenges get boring. I wish they showed what they ate on a day to day basis, I mean I know they are on monitored diets and have someone cooking for them but what about the really big guys are they eating the exact same as the little girls? Probably not.... The big weight loss differences just don't make as much sense at the weigh ins when they don't show the other half to losing weight!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    well I have a serious girl crush on Jillian Michaels...so yeah i watch it.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It makes me sick to my stomach they made the blue team feel like failures for "only" losing 2 pounds in a week. I wanted to punch Dolvett when he says "Yeah you guys lost weight and all, BUT...." and goes off saying how that does not reflect the hard work they did. Please.

And if I was locked in that room for 4 hours? I would not laze around. I'd get off my butt and do some bodyweight exercises! I'd run in place!! Anything but lay there! I thought it was stupid that nobody thought of that until Bob told them they were going to do their last chance workout there. Hello!!! You don't need a gym to work out!

They were told they were not allowed to work out in that room

Well then that's just even more ridiculous lol!! I didn't know that. Good grief.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It makes me sick to my stomach they made the blue team feel like failures for "only" losing 2 pounds in a week. I wanted to punch Dolvett when he says "Yeah you guys lost weight and all, BUT...." and goes off saying how that does not reflect the hard work they did. Please.

I thought the trainers were supportive. Dolvett was just saying that he knows his team worked hard and didn't slack off. I'd be really mad if I were very heavy and working as hard as they are to lose that number. I think he just wanted to say, "I know the body will do what it will do, but you did your part."

Of course two pounds is great in the real world, and even on the BL, it's two pounds less, so the scale is going in the right direction. But they are in a competition, they are going to want to lose more. I don't agree that this show creates unrealistic expectations. If people expect to lose 10 lbs like the people on the show, they should also expect that they are doing the same amount of work. I know I do a fraction of the exercise they do, why would I expect the same results?
  • dacra
    dacra Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bob took a full deck of cards and he had his team do the following exercises based on which card he turned up until all of the cards had been used:

Diamonds- push-ups
    Hearts- lunges
    Spades- crunches
    Clubs- reverse crunch

Whatever number was on each card was the amount of times they had to do the specific exercise. Face cards = 10 reps and Ace = 1 minute break.
  • IStop4Stamps
    IStop4Stamps Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the show. What it tells me is that we can do more than we think we can. And the excuses we have not to do it only cheat our progress.
  • ashesmf
    ashesmf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever notice that in the beginning of the show, the girls are in sports bras and shorts, and the guys are shirtless/shorts, but by the end they are all fully clothed? I always wonder what they look like under there.
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    It's true, they tested them to the max to see how much they wanted this weight loss.
    I was so proud of them for pouring the orange juice on everything knowing that they wouldn't again want to eat that!
    I really like the show because, they make them work their butts off, they do lose weight and they have great workouts but, I have heard a lot of bad things about it.
    I love watching people become happy and continue on their weight loss journey even after they leave!

I hope that you are doing well.