Another Random Question...

Options
2»

Replies

• purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Depression and suicide are not a joke. You seem so nonchalant about it. I've been depressed, I also suffered from anorexia for many years as well as bulimia. Instead of asking us why your mouth is dry why don't you ask your parents to help you? If you really are trying to kill yourself your obviously not a happy person. Hope you get better, but seriously just stop...and yes it is that easy if you want it to be. Get help and decide that you want to be happy!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    The physical pain in your sides is likely your kidneys struggling to function under the stress you've put on them.
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options
    All she is doing is seeking attention. Someone who truly wants to kill them self will succeed, anyone who fails is just trying to get people to pay attention to them.

I also agree with this
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All she is doing is seeking attention. Someone who truly wants to kill them self will succeed, anyone who fails is just trying to get people to pay attention to them.

I hate to agree with this post as it is incredibly disrespectful of all those who have lost loved ones to suicide, but... Yeah. Seems attention-seeking to me.

OP, if you're really serious about wanting to die, find a high building and jump. If not, stop looking for attention.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hope you're just trolling.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

OP, if you're really serious about wanting to die, find a high building and jump. If not, stop looking for attention.

My thoughts exactly.
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options

I hate to agree with this post as it is incredibly disrespectful of all those who have lost loved ones to suicide, but... Yeah. Seems attention-seeking to me.

I also hesitated to agree with this post because I know how hard it is to get through these things but while I was going through my "hard times" I did my best not to let anyone know
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

It's easy to say she is seeking attention, but I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, assuming this is a valid post, are you seriously trying to get this kind of advise from strangers who are not professional therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists? You need guidance you aren't going to find here. If you don't already have a mental health therapist (and with that many attempts I believe you probably do), get yourself to an ER NOW.

And if this is a troll it's a cruel one, especially for those here who have been through this or have a loved one who has succeeded in committing suicide.

^This.

Please go to the ER and they will help you.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I never thought of that. -__-

You can't just tell someone to stop.

Do you tell a cancer patient to just get better already?

Do you tell the eating disordered to just eat?
    You're comparing depression/suicidal tendencies (a disorder you CAN control and recover from) to cancer (a disease you CAN'T control, but you can still recover from).

Yes, you can just tell someone to stop.

I seriously hope you're a troll, and you think this is some sick joke, but if you're not, stop posting on a fitness website, and head on over to one of these websites instead:

www.fcc.gov/guides/suicide-prevention-national-hotline

www.suicidehotlines.com/

www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

I disagree. Depression/suicidal tendencies are not disorders that can necessarily be controlled.

The hotlines you provided will hopefully be something the OP will follow up on. It sounds like she needs a LOT of help.

OP, you need to seek help immediately.
    Sorry, but as someone who was depressed for 6 years, and suicidal for 4 of those years, I call BS.

It's called getting up, going to a therapist, and solving your problems instead of taking the easy way out. Completely controllable.
    Because going to a therapist is all it takes to stop clinical depression. If it was that easy mine would have magically disappeared before I first attempted to off myself-when I was eleven.

The therapist and councillor can only equip you with the skills to battle it. Same with anti-depressants. But just because you go to them and take the medication does not mean you automatically stop being depressed, it can just become easier to control, yes.

Doesn't mean it goes away.
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options
    [/quote]
    Because going to a therapist is all it takes to stop clinical depression. If it was that easy mine would have magically disappeared before I first attempted to off myself-when I was eleven.

The therapist and councillor can only equip you with the skills to battle it. Same with anti-depressants. But just because you go to them and take the medication does not mean you automatically stop being depressed, it can just become easier to control, yes.

[/quote]

No, it's not that easy, it's a struggle every ****ing day. But you are the only one who has the power to change it. If you are unhappy then get happy! No one said life was easy but if you let depression consume you, then of course it's going to bring you down. Seeking professional help will not magically make everything go away, you have to take the necessary steps to improve your own life, YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! Take care of it, don't waste it, don't take it for granted. You have to realize that things aren't as bad as they seem and if you keep trying you will eventually make it to the end. Life is hard, it takes work, and lots of it!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal...... If you have "attempted" 14 times, and not succeeded, then you have not learned what you are doing wrong, OR you want to keep getting the attention. You need to walk up to an ER, tell them you are suicidal, be baker acted, get treatment and live life. You are given the opportunity to live. You were not taken at a young age from cancer. You have all of your limbs. You are doing those who are not given the same chance a great disservice by not living the life that you were given. Climb down off the stage and do something about it if you are truly depressed.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

You're comparing depression/suicidal tendencies (a disorder you CAN control and recover from) to cancer (a disease you CAN'T control, but you can still recover from).

I seriously hope you're a troll, and you think this is some sick joke, but if you're not, stop posting on a fitness website, and head on over to one of these websites instead:

www.suicidehotlines.com/

I disagree. Depression/suicidal tendencies are not disorders that can necessarily be controlled.

The hotlines you provided will hopefully be something the OP will follow up on. It sounds like she needs a LOT of help.

Sorry, but as someone who was depressed for 6 years, and suicidal for 4 of those years, I call BS.

It's called getting up, going to a therapist, and solving your problems instead of taking the easy way out. Completely controllable.

Thanks for proving my point.
  • sissiluv
    Options

[/quote]

No, it's not that easy, it's a struggle every ****ing day. But you are the only one who has the power to change it. If you are unhappy then get happy! No one said life was easy but if you let depression consume you, then of course it's going to bring you down. Seeking professional help will not magically make everything go away, you have to take the necessary steps to improve your own life, YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! Take care of it, don't waste it, don't take it for granted. You have to realize that things aren't as bad as they seem and if you keep trying you will eventually make it to the end. Life is hard, it takes work, and lots of it!
    [/quote]
    Never said otherwise. However to imply that depression, especially clinical vs situational (such as after the death of a loved one for instance) can simply vanish with the right steps taken is somewhat frustrating.
    I realize that was never explicitly said but the cancer comparison did make me wonder about that. Cancer is a horrible, terrifying beast but with luck it CAN go away after treatment. Depression isn't like that. Or if it is for any one person they're likewise incredibly lucky and I am jelly.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

This^^ after I read I tried 14 times. I figured THIS IS BULL****. Who tries to off themselves 14 times and fails. OBV you are just trying to get attention. Instead of just trying to piss people off here why don't you get off your *kitten* and get some real attention from a real therapist. Seriously this is a FITNESS site not a psychological help website.
    Quote DontStopB_Lea :: It's called getting up, going to a therapist, and solving your problems instead of taking the easy way out. Completely controllable
  • sissiluv
    Options

www.suicidehotlines.com/

Thanks for proving my point.
    You're welcome.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

www.suicidehotlines.com/

i have bi polar i mixed episode with suicidal ideation. i've had it since i was twelve years old. i've tried to off myself 3 times. my last attempt wound me up in a mental hospital where i finally got some help.

you need to reach out to someone. you need to go to the hospital and tell them what you did and get some help. you can over come this. it may take medication that you dont want to take, but believe me, it helps. my suicidal ideation has been totally wiped out now that i'm on medication.

you wont get over this alone. its not something you can wish away, but there is help. there is no reason to feel bad everyday. i dont think you want to die. i dont think you're attention seeking, although this thread seems ill conceived.

reach out. its the only way to get well. there is no need to suffer.

i really hope you get help. if you need to talk, i'm a great sounding board, contact me any time.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

In this instance the majority of respondents have weighed in with empathy and support. However when the community does not allow for objective responses the topic will become as a whole, divisive. When polarization of this kind happens topics will almost always be locked. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group.

We encourage anyone having thoughts of self-harm to seek help immediately.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

1-800-273-TALK

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.