In Search of New Friends/Motivators!! :)

Options
I'm Amanda, 26 and have been struggling with weight loss my entire life. I've always been big but my weight gain went into over drive when I graduated college, my years of being an athlete ended and I switched to sitting at a desk for 8+ hours a day.

Last year I decided I needed a permanent change. After getting away from of a job I hated I found a new one that made me happy and had an awesome gym benefit. I joined and instead of sitting at my desk during lunch I got up and went to the gym. I started slow with basketball and cardio and eventually signed up to work with a trainer 3 times a week.

Since then I've been more active, lost 4 dress sizes, gotten stronger and can leg press 455lbs! Even with these accomplishments food has been my toughest battle. So for 2013 I've decided to go Paleo and track all my food and workouts here on MFP.

I've been on MFP for awhile but I find that I am terrible at sticking with it when I am only accountable to myself. I've tried to get family and friends to hop on here and join but most of them haven't bothered or rarely update. So here I am asking for new friends and motivators. :)

Replies

• sunshineandprayers
    sunshineandprayers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Makes such a difference with MFP friends!!! I felt the same exact way, posted on message board and got great response. It has really helped to have new friends to motivate me! Love that you are on here!!!