Six months since...

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
This is sort of a milestone for me. It may seem silly, buuuut whatever.

In two days from now, on the 10th, it'll have been six months since I last had ANYthing from McDonald's. To me, this is a pretty big feat. Haha. I still indulge elsewhere once in a while, but McDonald's was always the big one for me -- it's near my house, it's cheap, and I always pass it on my way to and from work. So, I'm pretty impressed with myself. Haha.

Replies

• cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    woot WOOT

NOT silly...HUGE!

Congrats, good sir!! :flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's a huge success! Especially having to drive past it all the time. Keep it up!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's a huge success! Especially having to drive past it all the time. Keep it up!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I was eating at McDonalds EVERY SINGLE DAY prior to embarking on this new lifestyle. So trust me that is a HUGE thing!

CONGRATS!!

PS- unlike you I have caved once and gone to McD's :blushing:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    considering there was once a statistic that had a McDonalds every 3 miles across America - (who knows if its true or not but it sue seems so) - that is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS fast food is a huge weakness for me that I yet have to conquer. Good job
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! I wish I had the willpower to stay away from the golden arches!! :blushing: I do have to say, I am impressed that you can drive by every day and not pull in!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! McDonald's is always a big no-no for me. I mean, a McChicken is like 300 calories when I could get the same amount of calories at Chick-fil-a for a BETTER chicken sandwich that keeps me full!! :) I also, like cris20056 have caved once in going to McDonald's in the past couple months. Kudos to you for having such strong will power!!!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is... but prior to that, I hadn't had it I think for a month or two, and then I had it, and I was like, "...Why did I get this? This is disgusting." And it made me feel gross.

So, since then, I've never gone back. I don't know why. But I think I managed to make that move in my life where McDonald's is just a symbol of negativity. I just can't partake in it any longer. So I dunno. If I went back, my stomach would probably make me hate myself anyway, since it's been half a year.

Even worse, I don't drive by it -- I walk right by it. So I could just go right in if I wanted. Haha. I've eaten much better (and a lot less) since then. In total in the last six months I've lost about 18 lbs (in spite of what my ticker says!). I'd like to think that stopping my visits to McDonald's and the fact that I still no longer go helps maintain where I am right now.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I haven't not eaten there since I watched Super Size Me, man I wish someone would make a movie like that about ALL fast food places! I too have steered clear of any fast food in about 3 months! It's a good feelings, keep up the good work!
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Great job! I know where you are coming from personally. Quarter pounder with cheese was my downfall. I loved them so much that I would eat them about 3-5 times a week. That was about 10 years ago. I stopped going myself about 2-3 years ago. The only time I stop is when my wife and I are driving cross country for the holidays and it's the only thing at an exit. But I only get plain cheeseburgers and ditch the fries.

Sounds like you have the right motivation, so hang in there and keep up the good work. It won't be long and you too will be speaking about it is the very past sense.

Hawkeye01
  • wonderwoman22886
    Options
    Your topic was perfect timing! lol. Last night and this morning, in two unrelated situations, people were talking about McDonald's. I haven't eaten fast food in at least a year, and I haven't had meat at all in 6 months, but I wanted it sooo badly I almost went and got it. But then I read your post! :love: Your a lifesaver!
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I haven't had ANY french fries in 7 weeks. That is huge for me. I've only had 2 double cheeseburgers in the past 7 weeks - again huge considering I used to eat them at least 3-4 times a week. Now, I only get the grilled chicken salad and an apple pie here and there. An improvement. I'm envious of your accomplishment - hopefully I'll get there too! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!