How can I improve my diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just looked at a couple days, I would cut back on Sugar and Fat...its ok to have some but it seems like they are pretty high...

PB2 great idea! I first got on Amazon, then realized its in the health/organic section of the grocery store

Cottage cheese, cheese (baby bell light only 50 cal's and 6 grams of protein), almonds, Protein shakes is what gets me my protein! buy a chocolate PB one, Lean Dessert....might take care of the peanut butter craving...I find on Amazon!

Hope this helps!
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, but wanted to point out that the "In place of a roadmap" gives you GROSS calories not NET calories... You should not be recording/eating exercise calories.

That's only true if you use your real fitness level. I used the road map and set my TDEE to lightly active so that I could record my exercise calories. I found that to be much easier, especially since my exercise level varies from day to day.

I set my level as sedentary so I could add in my excercise calories for a more precise number as well.

How precise can your number be without a HRM at this time?

Well I just do it as what MFP says but I meant some days I just do some pilates, other days I run on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and then some days I don't exercise at all.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, but wanted to point out that the "In place of a roadmap" gives you GROSS calories not NET calories... You should not be recording/eating exercise calories.

That's only true if you use your real fitness level. I used the road map and set my TDEE to lightly active so that I could record my exercise calories. I found that to be much easier, especially since my exercise level varies from day to day.

I set my level as sedentary so I could add in my excercise calories for a more precise number as well.

How precise can your number be without a HRM at this time?

I don't have a HRM either. You can guess well enough from your height and weight most of the time. So far for me personally, it has been working just fine as you can see from my ticker.
  • saraxx16
    saraxx16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey im also a freshman trying to lose weight. i mostly eat egg whites in the morning with a slice of toast and cheese and im full for the entire day plus its only 250 calories :) so maybe try that instead of apple with peanut butter which has more calories and is not as filling
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    A few things.... do you not track water or not drink it? Where are your veggies? Sugar is high but most of it is from fruit, that is the reason I no longer track sugar. You don't have much to lose so you will need to be super careful with what you are eating.... to get to your goal weight, what is you eat is super important.... lose the brownies and granola bars. You say you want to tone up, so do more strength training and you will notice a bigger difference in your body, likely even more than losing those last few pounds and you won't have to be so careful with what you eat. At your height, weight and age, toning your body is better than trying to lose the pounds, you will have a lower body fat% and look better overall.
  • em3120
    Options
    A few things.... do you not track water or not drink it? Where are your veggies? Sugar is high but most of it is from fruit, that is the reason I no longer track sugar. You don't have much to lose so you will need to be super careful with what you are eating.... to get to your goal weight, what is you eat is super important.... lose the brownies and granola bars. You say you want to tone up, so do more strength training and you will notice a bigger difference in your body, likely even more than losing those last few pounds and you won't have to be so careful with what you eat. At your height, weight and age, toning your body is better than trying to lose the pounds, you will have a lower body fat% and look better overall.

I drink about 5 cups of plain water a day. I don't want to sound childish, but I'm not a big fan of veggies. This is great advice, thanks!
  • em3120
    Options
    Ok, I adjusted my diary for today to reduce my carb intake and now I'm left with more than 200 calories. Any ideas on this?
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Beef jerky? Low carb + high protein and it looks like you have a good amount of sodium left over to handle it. :)