opinions on fruit and veg please

Options
I have only just started counting caleries and ive decided that im not going to count the caleries in fruit or veg, except potatoes.
My reasoning for this is that this is the healthy stuff that we need to eats lots of for vitamins, minerals and fibres etc.

I just wondered what peaples opinions are for this and am I the only one!?!?!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers does this. Personally, I couldn't do it because I could easily go over my calorie limit from fruit alone and I try to keep my sugar below 30g a day. If you have a lot to lose I think it's fine but I'm already pretty lean so small choices can make a big diffence.
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I count everything that goes in my mouth. I do eat larger portions of veggies now than before but I definitely count them. I don't eat fruit that often as I find it doesn't fill me up and messes with my blood sugar.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    I have only just started counting caleries and ive decided that im not going to count the caleries in fruit or veg, except potatoes.
    My reasoning for this is that this is the healthy stuff that we need to eats lots of for vitamins, minerals and fibres etc.

I just wondered what peaples opinions are for this and am I the only one!?!?!
    Sounds like a bad idea. Why should the fact that the foods are otherwise nutritious be a reason to not count the calories in them ?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I count everything that goes in my mouth. Fruits and veggies are remarkably good for you, but they do still have calories. My concern for myself is that I would still eat too many, and have too many calories. Of course, I am vegan, so fruits and veggies are pretty close to all I eat!!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Count the calories. Your body will.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you're counting calories you should count everything. If you're keeping track of macros while watching calories you'll quickly see which fruits and veggies are high in fiber, carbs, protein, etc.