Spaghetti Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I brown lean ground chicken or turkey , and add diced tomatoes and garlic ,mushroom, peppers, onion and some parm cheese, it's so close to spagetti . Yummy and low cal.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-tacos/detail.aspx

spaghetti squash tacos! Yummy! I added a bit of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. You can use soft tortilla shells or hard ones.
  • princess3479
    princess3479 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i too eat spaghetti squash in place of pasta. i normally cut the squash in halves and bake them in an oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. when done i have a lot of leftover! to reheat them i just pop them in a microwave for about 90 seconds and its ready to be eaten.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I cook one about once a week. I live by myself so I'll get a few meals from it - microwaving leftovers.

I've been cooking them in the microwave for about a year now:
    Slice it in half long ways - you need a really sharp knife and pretty strong arms. Scoop out the seeds. place it cut side down in a microwavable dish. I use a square glass casserole dish. Fill the dish with about an inch of water, and pierce the skin with a fork. It can take anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes to cook half of the squash in the microwave. It depends on the size of the squash and how powerful the microwave is. I don't like my squash too soft, I like when it is still a bit firm so I'll start checking after 5 minutes. If you poke it with a fork and the fork goes in without you having to stab it, it is probably done, if the fork tears at the flesh it is probably over cooked.

Good luck and enjoy!
    :love:

I just made this tonite!!!!-then I read this post hahaha-I made chicken cacciatore in the crock & poured it on top-yummy so filling & almost no cals from the squash!!!!
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have tried spaghetti squash a few times and it has been awful every time. Any tips on making taste good? I am a real pasta lover, so it is NOT cutting it as a substitute when I just eat it with marinara or something. I just got one and put it in soup with acorn and butternut squash and that was good. But it was pureed with curry and coconut milk so I couldn't taste it. haha. Feel free to message me a recipe!
  • kimby563
    kimby563 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made it the other night - SO simple! I just put it in the m'wave for about 10-15 minutes - pierced w/ a large fork & when soft it was done. I cut it in half - scooped the seeds & then using a fork pulled the "spaghetti" out ... added some italian seasoned diced tomatoes & some cooked turkey sausage (hot) & threw some parmesan on top - very healthy - very yummy & satisfying! I now have half of it left - want to make something tonight w/ it but this will be day 4 - is that too long?