c25k

Options

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 was amazing. I did some stretching before, had some toast with a little peanut butter about 30 minutes before I went out, did a 15 minute warm up walk, took small sips of water when walking and the 20 minutes went amazingly fast. Then I did a 5 minute cool down walk and stretched for 5 minutes after. The soreness is gone and I feel really good. Most of all, I'm proud of myself for finishing without pain or wanting to give up.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 kick my you know what I could only run for 2 of the 90 sec the whole time the rest I did run some of them but it was hard lets hope Wednesday is a bit easier I am thinking that week 2 will take me longer the 3 days.
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    You have plenty of time since your run is in July. Just do what you have to do to get there. My run is May 15th and I'm a little bit nervous as I will only get 8 weeks of C25K before the run. I thought I was in good shape with all of the aerobics I've been doing but running is completely different. Just make sure you eat a little something before, stretch really good, drink small sips of water during the walking phase, stretch really well again, and eat some protein after. The other change I made was a 15 minute warm up walk before and a 5 minute cool down walk after. Five minutes of warm up just wasn't long enough for me. Good luck to you.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job everyone! Everyone is doing wonderfully!

I did day 3 of the C25K program yesterday and for the first time I jogged during all the intervals! I will be doing week 1 over again until I can comfortably run all the intervals over and over. Today I will do some strength training for my upper body.

I still find it very difficult to eat healthy all the time. It has been an every day struggle. I have been wanting to get outside for fresh air but the weather has been cold and rainy. The grey clouds do not help with mood at all, and to add to it, my son and daughter in law had to leave this morning and head back out of state to go home. Guess I'm kind of bummed at the moment. Here's hoping to a lifted spirit as the day moves on.

I hope everyone has a great day today! Take care, and God bless.

Dottie
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 went so much better I was able to run all 6 intervals I ran them a bit on the slow side but I ran them and I feel great about that.

Every one is doing so well and I am so proud of all of you.

Dottie I hope you had a good time with your son and his wife. And the eating gets easier and you find ways to eat heather for your old favorite and sometime when you go back to eat something that you used to eat it just tasted horrible. And then the key is not to eat that food ever aging just remember that taste and don't let your taste buds get reused to it.

Nancy
  • melaniese
    melaniese Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm new to the site. Been losing weight since August but been slow over the last two months. I've lost 30 and have 25 more to go to goal weight. Tomorrow is Week 3, Day 2 for me. I was surprised that 3 mins went fast. I highly recommend the podcasts ( few diff avail, or ipod/iphone ones) with music and cues to walk or run. It seems to go faster and I'm not looking at my watch. I'm doing all my running outside. Last week was 2 days in pouring rain and wind!
    My 5K run is on May 30. Lots of time to get there and ready!
    Mel
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 went okay ran 5 out of the 6 so this week was kinda all over the place so I will be doing week 2 aging. I'd say I am not loving this running but would say I am so proud that i have not given up on it and will not. But I am also not disliking it it is actual kinda enjoyable. I did my 3 days this week so tomorrow is yoga and sunday is my rest day and back to it on Monday with 3 days c25k & 11 mint abs video 2 day burn it up and one day yoga.

Mel, Welcome to MFP I know you will love it hear and the weight will soon be a thing of the past. Way to go run in the rain and wind I know i would not do that. More power to you.

Nancy
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 (redoing the week) went great I ran all 6 times. So my plan is to run it one more time and if i can run all 6 again I will move on to week 3 if not I will do week 2 again. But I so hope I can move on. I have notice if it is cold out I have a harder time running and if I need to push Caia in the stroller to.

How is every one doing? I hope you are still all doing good with it can't wait to hear from you all.
  • melaniese
    Options
    Did W4D1 today. It was surprisingly not as hard as I expected it to be. I survived! Next week may be a different story.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Did W4D1 today. It was surprisingly not as hard as I expected it to be. I survived! Next week may be a different story.

What is W4D1?

I did week 2 day 5 on Friday I will move on to week 3.
  • melaniese
    Options
    W4D1 is 2 X 3min intervals of running & 2 X5min intervals of running. I was a little scared with the 5 min runs, but I did ok.
  • kesseret
    kesseret Posts: 4
    Options
    I am doing this again. Before I got sick in november I got to week 6 (it took me a few months, I was doing it outside). But I started again earlier this month and am on week 4 for the second week in a row. I redid week 4 because I am breaking in new shoes.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Wasn't able to run today got a sick little girl to take care of hopeful i can run tomorrow but we will see.
  • melaniese
    Options
    Morning! Just did W4D3. Added in 2 extra minutes of jogging. Went for 18 mins jog / 7 mins walk for 2.0 miles. I'm okay with 12.5min/mile for now.
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    When I started C25K I was trying to do aerobics on the days I wasn't running but it made my knees hurt. Now I'm running 3 days a week and doing yoga after my run. Then I'm doing pilates and strength training for my arms 2 days a week. I just did my 1st day of week 3 yesterday and I was able to do it (2 times running 3 minutes straight). I was huffing and puffing by the end and felt like I needed a nap but I felt better after a hot bath and lunch. I'm hoping week 3 gets easier for me because week 4 is going to be tough. I'm just going to see how I do with this and do an extra day if I feel like I need it.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    way to go keep up the good work
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Yesterday i did week 3 day one didn't get thur the first 3 min. run but made it thur the 2nd one. Made it thur both 90 sec to. so i would say that is a good run. I was also my first time running on a treadmill and find it kinda wider to run on it even to walk on it.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    did week 3 day 2 I was able to run both 90 sec and both 3 min. and I feel wonderful about it. we will see how day 3 goes.
    Nancy
  • kwardklinck
    Options
    Starting week 4 today. A little nervous about it because it's the first time running more than walking. I did pretty well on week 3 the other day. I was able to run 3 minutes with no problem so I hope I can do this. More worried about week 5 to be honest. I couldn't do the work out dvds (aerobics) on my off days because my calves got really swollen and miserable. So now I do the c25k monday, wed, and friday. I do a yoga dvd the same day I run. Then on Tuesday and Thursday I do Pilates, pushups, and weights for my arms.
  • melaniese
    Options
    Did W5D2 yesterday and added in another minute of jogging. So did 17 mins jogging & 8 mins walking for 2.0 miles. Tomorrow is D3....hopefully I do the full 20 mins running!