Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Saw God mentioned; dismissed as BS.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    It is true that under the terms of the Mosaic Law given to Israel, pork was forbidden. However, God is no longer relating to mankind under the terms of this covenant. Rather, we are under the terms of the New Covenant (see Hebrews 8, for instance). Under the New Covenant, pork is no longer forbidden. Indeed, in Mark 7:14-23, Jesus clearly declares that all foods are clean. The same thing is affirmed by the Apostle Paul in Romans 14.

Bottom line, you can eat as much sausage, bacon, and pork chops as you like!

Shalom,
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Seriously?! I mean, I don't know about all that stuff you just said, I started to read it and then got to the religious part and rolled my eyes. But I'm going to take it in a different direction....

Have you ever watched Food Inc? Watch that and then see if you will want to eat pork, beef, or chicken. That's why we only buy from a local butcher shop for our meat, or we eat whatever my husband hunts or fishes for, and we have our own chickens for eggs. Nothing is better than bacon and ham you made yourself!!! Nom nom nom!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    What's your source for this?

Apple source? :laugh:

hehehe, definitely my favorite response yet :)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    So we must follow scriptures?

But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:12

Don't like Timothy? how about some more fun from Leviticus that you quote about pork and also wouldn't that make football also against the word of god?

Leviticus 19:27 reads "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together." Better check the tags on your clothes...tsk, tsk, tsk.

Do you eat shellfish?

Leviticus 11:10 reads, "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

But don't take my word for it...open it up and verify everything posted here.

I could kiss you for this.
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    I am a christian and I don't think I will be condemmed for eating bacon...I"m not jewish.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Good. More pork for the rest of us.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, yeah, this post is wrong in so many ways......
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    We used to have a "slop pail" under the kitchen sink. When It would get full we'd litterally "Slop the hogs". Man would they fight over that rotten food!!!
  • karabear1985
    Options
    To each his own. We have our own pig slaughtered for meat so I know it's safe for my kids to eat.

I was just going to say that the food in stores is pasteurized anyways! I'm sure that whatever pork is on the shelf would have been fed a different kind of diet by their farmers. My only concern with this article is what the fat content is compared to beef! I was always under the assumption that beef would be the most fatty of the meats. Ah well, looks like I'm only eating steak from now on. :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *munching ham*
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The OP is completely correct!

Fortunately, if you juice your pork, the benefits outweigh the toxins.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I wish I could un-read this

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    nothing better than a panko crusted boneless pork loin chop mmmmm mmm m
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    What's your source for this?

Apple source? :laugh:

hehehe, definitely my favorite response yet :)

LOL!!!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOL. You could have had a decent point, but you fraked it all up by being stupid and incendiary. Pigs are not "toxic animals". That's just stupid. Animals are animals.

There IS thought to be a biological reason for the religious food taboo regarding pork. There are quite a few nasty parasites that are found in pigs and are quite detrimental to humans. I took both an anthropology class and a parasitology class that covered this. There has been a lot of academic research on pork as a food taboo. But it's really only an issue if the meat is undercooked. I would be more worried about sushi.

Thanks for taking a perfectly interesting subject matter and turning it into drivel. I enjoyed my pork sandwich for lunch today.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    "MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate."

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Posts made to publicize existing Groups are allowed in ALL cases on the Public Forums.

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.

If you start a new topic on the Public Forums, please use the following guideline as a filter:

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

At our discretion, this thread may be locked or deleted at any time..

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.