NEED SOME HEALTHY DELICIOUS RECIPES!

Options
I LOVE cooking at home! I always make my dinner the night before since I work mostly at nights so I'm not tempted to eat junk. I wanted to know if anybody has some healthy, delicious recipes! I love cooking with fresh veggies too!

Also we don't eat red meat in my house. My stomach can't digest it because I was a vegetarian for quite some time plus I never really liked it to begin with. So we stick to ground chicken or turkey and chicken breast.

ANY RECIPES ALL WELCOMED! :)

Replies

• stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hello - there was a post last week, that had a tonne of recipes and links to other sites ----

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820497-what-s-the-best-healthy-recipe-website - here is a link.... so I hope this helps!!!
  • eangell1992
    eangell1992 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! thanks!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    did something pretty simple with sweet potatoes the other night.

Ingredients:

5-6 sweet potatoes (makes about 6 servings or so)
    cinnamon
    Mrs. Dash No Salt Caribbean Citrus seasoning
    3-4 tablespoons of olive oil

peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Put them in a gallon plastic with the cinnamon and Mrs. Dash seasoning. I just sprinkled them in their liberally, but your potatoes should not be obscured by seasonings! Start with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Shake well to mix. You want just enough oil to make the seasonings stick to the potatoes. I did this ahead of time, and let lay flat in the fridge for a few hours.
    I cooked them on a cookie sheet for 35 minutes at 400 degrees. Yum!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas & i've added a Chicken Fajita Casserole to the database if you're interested. It can be made as spicy or mild as you prefer & my family loves it!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe floating around Pinterest (originally from SparkPeople, I believe) that I simplified last night...

I cooked quinoa with a clove of garlic (minced). When that was done, I mixed:

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
    1 cup fresh spinach
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    1 -2 Tbsp finely diced onion

and stuffed it all in a sweet red pepper. Then I baked it at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. It was delicious.
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com

I've tried her cajun pasta, homemade marinara, and the spaghetti boats so far.
    Delish!
  • eangell1992
    Options
    this sounds delicious! i love stuffed peppers too! thanks!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    There are tons here:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28

Scroll a few pages down or start reading from the beginning.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    skinny taste is awesome..i made beef barley soup and it was great!! I posted a recipe in the recipe forum for couscour stuffed peppers...im so into cooking healthy right now..best part is my family loves it too!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    When I wanted to add some new stuff to my recipe arsenal, I picked up some McCormick Inspirations spice kits. The recipes use mostly real food, and they're easy to healthify. I think the chicken tikka masala is my favorite. I use half and half instead of real cream, etc.
  • eangell1992
    Options
    Its so yummy! Plus its good for you! My boyfriend is just now discovering that healthy food CAN taste good. It's not all rabbit food! I love couscous too!
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I recently decided to cut out meat for awhile and had to come up with some alternatives...one was for spaghetti. Instead of using hamburger I sauteed some shrimp in olive oil (removed shell and tail), salt pepper, and garlic powder (add some cajun seasoning for a little kick)...cooked some spinach and drained...mixed it all with some spaghetti (whole grain even better!) and added Ragu 3 cheese spaghetti sauce to it all. It was amazing and packed with more nutrition than your regular spaghetti!!
  • deticxe
    deticxe Posts: 17
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have decided to go vegetarian, this will be our third week so I've been trying to find a lot of recipes, We made something called Baja Black Beans and Rice the other night that was SO good. i would have substituted with brown rice but he won't eat it lol. 396 calories for a serving that is super filling. I also noticed that i was stuffed after ate this but didn't feel awful so that's always good!
    http://www.food.com/recipe/baja-black-beans-corn-and-rice-55768
  • eangell1992
    Options
    hmm I don't do beans so for myself, I'll probably do the rice! thanks!!