I'm going to rock this

Options
kellykat
kellykat Posts: 180 Member
I officially started being committed to a lifestyle change last week. I didn't want to introduce myself until I had decided if I was really ready to change or not. After some serious soul searching, crying and proving to myself I am serious - I am here to introduce myself.

My name is Kelly and I'm going to rock this! I've always been one to yo yo diet and jump on the bandwagon of fads, trends and plans, but I know that the only way to make a real change is to commit yourself to changing your lifestyle by eating right and exercising.

I want to start a family and soon. My husband and I lost a baby in January when I was 11 weeks pregnant. I was really depressed and managed to gain 10lbs alone in the month that followed my miscarriage. It still hurts but I'm finding ways to cope. We are hoping to try again soon and I feel like getting my body healthy while I'm waiting is the best thing I can do for myself and my future forever baby.

I am going to hold myself accountable by tracking, blogging and posting goals and successes. I am here to give and receive encouragement and make new friends. We are all on this road together and enough is enough - let's start loving our bodies and treating it with the care it deserves!

Replies

• jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Congratulations on the decision to rock this.

I also want to give you my condolences on having lost your baby. This is hard. We lost my neice when she was 2 weeks old and the toll it takes on the entire family is profound, but especially on the parents. You should be proud of the incredible courage that you've shown just to get up and get moving and get motivated. Any kind of motivation after something like that is difficult to find, so kudos to you. And congrats on the decision to try again - that's another hard one to make, but I promise one that is worth it. (My brother and his wife had a beautiful little girl who recently turned 1 and brings joy to the whole family.)

You have rocked so much already, I have no doubt you will rock this.

Good luck!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Kelly this is a great place to get the rocking on! this website is very helpful and encouraging! you can do this!! I am doing this too! sick of giving up!

Sorry about the loss of your pregnancy. It can happen to anyone so don't blame yourself for not being healthy ( if even you are ) You will have a baby soon just as soon as you get into your skinny jeans then you will become pregnant but it will be a happy reason to gain weight right?

Good luck with your journey! We can do this!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and well wishes to you on your journey to better health!