what are the best vitamins for weight loss?

Options
and what foods can i get them in?

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Vitamins don't make you lose weight. They are only a supplement to the vitamins in foods you should be eating. And you should be able to get the vast majority of your vitamin needs if you eat a broad range of foods.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There are no vitamins for weight loss. Calorie deficit = weight loss. Fill your diet with healthy nutritious foods to promote good healthy, stay in calorie deficit for weight loss.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    and what foods can i get them in?

There are no foods for weight loss b/c food = calories/energy.

Eating less food will cause weight loss. There is no magical food.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No miracles.. but some B vitamins helps transform carbs in energy such as B6 and B12.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    diet and exercise.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WATER,WATER, WATER, EXERCISE, PORTION CONTROL, WATER,WATER, WATER AND SOME REST WILL DO YOUR BODY GOOD.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i meant, what will be the most nutritious. like vitamin A is good. and it's from veggies.
    never mind, this was a stupid thread lol
  • jjtaylor4eva
    Options
    No this is not stupid, just people not givin you the answers your lookin for...niacine is good, not sure what else, i been doing some research on line myself about this...
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    all of them, A-Z - if we didn't need them all, they wouldn't exist. :)
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    OK, these aren't vitamins, but minerals magnesium, potassium, zinc, and calcium help support your body in the weight loss process. Also be sure you are getting Vitamin D.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    It's not a stupid thread, presumably you mean micronutrients not vitamins? If so calcium from dairy and long chain omega-3s from oily fish has been linked with with lower body fat in studies, but the entire complement of macro and micro nutrients support energy production/ healthy metabolism/ recovery from intense exercise.

All vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids are equally essential, just eat a balance of all the food groups and a wide range of different foods to get them all. Nine servings of fruit and veg in the full rainbow of colours, three servings of reduced fat dairy a day, oily fish regularly ideally daily, protein little and often from breakfast (lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy), fibre and mineral rich foods several times a day (nuts, seeds, beans, lentils), healthy fats in general daily (nuts, seeds avocado, olives, cocoa, coconut).
  • cjsacto
    Options
    You asked about foods, too. Sorry it's long but here's a list I have on my fridge, that I compiled from various websites. I try to eat from all these categories every day.

Highest in Potassium
    White beans
    Leafy greens: spinach, collards, kale, chard
    Baked potatoes w/ skins (sweet potato best)
    Fresh or dried apricots
    Acorn squash
    White mushrooms
    Avocado
    Salmon
    Plain yogurt
    Bran wheat
    Figs
    Nuts & legumes
    Generally foods that are green such as artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, and green peppers will have very high levels of potassium. They will also have quite a bit of calcium and iron to add to the list of much needed nutrition.

Highest in Iron
    Egg yolks
    Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
    Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
    Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
    Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
    Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
    Artichokes

Highest in Calcium
    Dairy
    Spinach
    Kale
    Okra
    Collards
    Soy beans
    White beans
    Some fish, like sardines, salmon, perch, and rainbow trout
    Foods that are calcium fortified, such as some orange juice, oatmeal, and breakfast cereal

Top 10 For Cholesterol
    Olive oil
    Legumes - incl. soy
    Fat-free yogurt
    Oats
    Pomegranate juice
    Avocado
    Foods fortified with plant sterols and stanols (orange juice, some margarine)
    Omega-3: salmon, tuna, flaxseed, others
    1.5 oz. nuts

Best for Blood Sugar
    Spinach & other leafy greens
    Nuts
    Sardines
    Hummus
    Chia seed/chia flour
    Cinnamon
    Lentils
    Quinoa
    Whole gain pasta - al dente, 1/2 to 1 cup cooked
    Olive oil
  • peopletalk
    Options
    OK, these aren't vitamins, but minerals magnesium, potassium, zinc, and calcium help support your body in the weight loss process. Also be sure you are getting Vitamin D.
    thank you! magnesium and zinc, would i get these through supplements?
  • peopletalk
    Options
    It's not a stupid thread, presumably you mean micronutrients not vitamins? If so calcium from dairy and long chain omega-3s from oily fish has been linked with with lower body fat in studies, but the entire complement of macro and micro nutrients support energy production/ healthy metabolism/ recovery from intense exercise.

All vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids are equally essential, just eat a balance of all the food groups and a wide range of different foods to get them all. Nine servings of fruit and veg in the full rainbow of colours, three servings of reduced fat dairy a day, oily fish regularly ideally daily, protein little and often from breakfast (lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy), fibre and mineral rich foods several times a day (nuts, seeds, beans, lentils), healthy fats in general daily (nuts, seeds avocado, olives, cocoa, coconut).
    thanks! this really helps.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    fishoil / omega 3
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Eat your negative calorie foods! They have good amounts of vitamins and have negative calories, win win
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Have to google best foods for those, but yes I take a supplement for magnesium, zinc, calcium and Vitamin D. These are the ones I keep seeing pop up in articles.
  • peopletalk
    Options
    You asked about foods, too. Sorry it's long but here's a list I have on my fridge, that I compiled from various websites. I try to eat from all these categories every day.

Highest in Potassium
    White beans
    Leafy greens: spinach, collards, kale, chard
    Baked potatoes w/ skins (sweet potato best)
    Fresh or dried apricots
    Acorn squash
    White mushrooms
    Avocado
    Salmon
    Plain yogurt
    Bran wheat
    Figs
    Nuts & legumes
    Generally foods that are green such as artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, and green peppers will have very high levels of potassium. They will also have quite a bit of calcium and iron to add to the list of much needed nutrition.

Highest in Iron
    Egg yolks
    Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
    Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
    Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
    Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
    Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
    Artichokes

Highest in Calcium
    Dairy
    Spinach
    Kale
    Okra
    Collards
    Soy beans
    White beans
    Some fish, like sardines, salmon, perch, and rainbow trout
    Foods that are calcium fortified, such as some orange juice, oatmeal, and breakfast cereal

Top 10 For Cholesterol
    Olive oil
    Legumes - incl. soy
    Fat-free yogurt
    Oats
    Pomegranate juice
    Avocado
    Foods fortified with plant sterols and stanols (orange juice, some margarine)
    Omega-3: salmon, tuna, flaxseed, others
    1.5 oz. nuts

Best for Blood Sugar
    Spinach & other leafy greens
    Nuts
    Sardines
    Hummus
    Chia seed/chia flour
    Cinnamon
    Lentils
    Quinoa
    Whole gain pasta - al dente, 1/2 to 1 cup cooked
    Olive oil
    i like how spinach is in a lot of those categories considering i love it, and eat the most of it.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd say to get plenty of vitamin C which will help your body absorb the iron in your diet and help prevent anaemia.