Hi, new to MFP. Looking for some encouragement.

Options
Hi all, I am new to MFP. Time to try something new. My name is Scott I'm 29 years old, almost 30 and very unhappy where I am at with my weight. I am 6'2 280 lbs. I have had ups and downs where I would lose weight then gain... as I sure we all have. Out of high school I joined the Military and got into pretty decent shape. I weighed about 225-230 then. I have been out for about 10 years now and have obviously packed on a few unwanted pounds. My goal would be to lose at least 40 pounds, more later but 40 to start.
Looking for some encouragement and perhaps some advise as to what works, what doesn't. As of now I have just started going to the gym that my Apartment complex offers. Its nothing fancy, a few treadmills, elliptical machines and some weights.
Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself... here it goes.

Scott

Replies

• lisalisa0623
    lisalisa0623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of luck and encouragement to you!!! If you can commit to the military, you can commit to losing weight!! You CAN do it! I'll be cheering for you!
  • Scottyboy209
    Options
    thanks!
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I could always use more friends. 24, from Washington state.
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've just started MFP but we can be friends and monitor each others loss. I'm 68 , 5'8" ,208 and going back to 175 lbs. I'm a former amateur bodybuilder 1997 USA 2nd, Worlds 2nd, Natural Universe 2nd. BUT time has caught up with me and I "bulked up" after injuries. Viet Nam vet 3 tours. If you made it through boot camp, you can do this. I think the meal planner can help a lot. Set it up for a "reasonable" weight loss. Maybe something like 2 lbs a week at most.
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    Been on MFP before and it really worked but I fell off the wagon! So, I'm back and sticking with it! All of you are welcome to add me I'm always good for a WTG!
  • Kristinj589
    Kristinj589 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love MFP been on since July lost just shy of 57lbs im a 6 ft 1.5 girl and 23 years old! I will add you!