muscle weighs more than fat?

bethvandenberg
bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
Ok does a lb of feathers weigh more than a pound of fat?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member

Is it on a duck? Is the duck fat? So many things to consider. :laugh:
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    What that phrase actually means is muscle is DENSER than fat. So if you have a fixed volume, say a gallon, the gallon of muscle will weight more than the gallon of fat.

On a side note, having a gallon of either is gross!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member

Is it on a duck? Is the duck fat? So many things to consider. :laugh:

mmmmm, duck fat.
  • Doesn't matter. A pound of water weight weighs more than both...
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    African or European Duck fat?

Everyone knows a pound of A = a pound of B. Internet Grammar Police make the common misstatement a hilarious dead horse to beat!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    "It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut"
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member

Everyone knows a pound of A = a pound of B. Internet Grammar Police make the common misstatement a hilarious dead horse to beat!

That was a bit harsh. I was just trying to be helpful. (Shuffles away with head hung low and a tears forming.)
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Y'all make me laugh!
  • Lucassvg
    Lucassvg Posts: 190 Member

That was a bit harsh. I was just trying to be helpful. (Shuffles away with head hung low and a tears forming.)

You are helpful, don't shuffle away with your head hung low and your tears forming. Some people just don't understand your explanation and get defensive in their reply.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    If I had to get beaten with a pound of feathers in a pillow case, or a pound of lead in a pillow case, I think I'll stick to the feathers thank you.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    its all water weight and muscle...dont kill my vibe yo *eats oreos*
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    OMG what have you started?
  • A pound is a unit of measurement, no matter what you are weighing (water, fat, muscle, or fudge), a pound is a pound. The mass of the items being weighed is different. When we build muscle, our "mass" or outward appearance appears smaller and more toned, even though we might have gained a little or stayed the same. The scale is a tool, but the true measure of success is feeling healthier, feeling your cloths fit better and an improvement in your overall mental and physical well being. Don't focus so much on the numbers, instead rely on how you feel. :happy:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I know a lb is a lb is a lb. It was my way of having some fun. Lighten up :)
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    You are too too funny Beth! :-) When I saw the post I thought...oh my what is my friend doing now???!!! :tongue: Have a great day!!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    "It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut"

FTW!!!
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    are the feathers still on the chicken?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    are the feathers still on the chicken?

Depends on who choked the chicken.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    it all depends on whether I have to hold it while submerged in water...

I officially sink like a rock.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member

In order to maintain airspeed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, am I right?