My First 5 K- Boilermaker 2013

Options
So I just did it. I registered fro my very first ever 5k. I volunteered, for the first time since the age of 4, to run anywhere!!

I have been in a major slump. My weight is coming back on, i'm not active, and I needed a bump.
And then I remembered that last summer my little sister issued me a challenge. To run(read jog with purpose) a local pretty famous race with her this summer. It is in precicely 6 months from yesterday.

So...I registered. I just did it. My sister is no longer running...and I easily outweigh 2 average runners put together...but I did it...and I will do it.

I am going to start c25k and commit. I have a deadline now. By July 14th...I better be ready...or be ready to embarass myself.

Bring on the treadmill! Bring on the push it! Bring on the Sweat!

I've been wallowing in the " I can't anymore's" and the "I can't beleive I'm failing" and the "thank god I still have fat pants" since before thanksgiving. NO MORE. Honestly...I haven't been trying...I've been hand to mouth eating anything within 5 feet...and I've been sitting on my lazy Butt for WEEKS! So now...there's money involved, there's pride involved....there's only my health to gain.

TIPS , MOTIVATION AND COMPANY WELCOME!!!!

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!!! Such a great goal and the c25K program is such a good one to start with! I know you can do this! :)
  • dbomh933
    dbomh933 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are going to be amazing! I am so proud of you. This is an amazing way to commit and push yourself and climb out of your slump. bring on the awesomeness.....with a side of sweat.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am excited that you got into the Boilermaker. I cannot believe how fast it closed. I am running the 15k again this year. I suggest c25k. I started that 2 years ago this month(probably the only new year's resolution I kept) and have worked my way up to a half marathon. The 5k part is a nice part - not too hilly, so a good first one! Good luck!!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. I'm pretty jazzed.
    2 of my friends made it in under the wire with me to register.
    1 from work and 1 from home...so lots of motivation and opporunities to share training :).

I'm feeling pretty good about this this morning.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Had to reboot my training after a little medical proceedure and a couple weeks of slacking off.

I CAN DO THIS.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can, and you will! After all, there is beer at the end. ; ) The 5K route doesn't have the brutal hill, so that is an added bonus.