Where to start

Options
I am trying to lose 50 pounds by mid June. I currently weight 200 pounds, i dont know where to start. I have a deadline, i have also started healthy shopping which consist of making healthier choices when i go shopping. I am trying to figure out how much should i be exercising or how many calories i should be burning a week in order to achieve my goal. Can any one help?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Click "My Home" then click on "Goals" underneath the tabs, and put in all your information. It will tell you how many calories you need to burn per week, eat per day, and how much you'll lose and how long it will take you! :) Cardio is your best bet for burning calories, but also lift weights. Read the forums to get good ideas, especially the success stories!! Good luck.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I replied to your previous post... but you will need to lose about 4 pounds per week starting this week to reach your goal by June. it's do-able but you need to make sure you're doing it safe. The most weight loss per week MFP will calculate you for will be 2 pounds. Make sure you carefully calculate what you need to do this in a safe way.
  • danarae10
    danarae10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AHHH, I'm right there wit cha girl:( I also have 50# to get rid of by July! I just opened my profile today. so it apprears if we just put our goals in and keep good track of things daily, it should send us down the right path. We can do this:)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 50 pounds by mid June. I currently weight 200 pounds, i dont know where to start. I have a deadline, i have also started healthy shopping which consist of making healthier choices when i go shopping. I am trying to figure out how much should i be exercising or how many calories i should be burning a week in order to achieve my goal. Can any one help?

It's not good to lose TOO fast. :noway: Slow and steady wins the race. :wink:
    At first you will lose the most, but after that, there will be weeks and weeks where you either don't lose, or maybe even gain. :frown:
    It took me 8 months to lose 45 pounds. :smile: