Reducing Ab Fat

Options
Everything else is coming along fine but i cant seem to drop the ab fat. A leaner diet may help, but im not trying to be a body builder. Just want to get to around the 8-9% body fat range. I do lots of cardio from long distance to sprints along with some heavy lifting and weight training but week after week i have the same results. Any tips or should i just be a little more patient?

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I say be more patient. Ab fat can be stubborn and, unfortunately, you cannot control where your body decided to shed the fat.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    keep losing fat. belly and lower back are often the last place it comes off for men.
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is of great interest to me as well... Hopefully somebody has some good tips on this!
  • seanlachney
    Options
    Thanks, guess ill just keep hard at it and see what i can do.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WOW 8 to 9% BF is REALLY Low. You are going to need to really monitor and eat carefully to hit this.

Essential fat 2–5%
    Athletes 6–13%
    Fitness 14–17%
    Average 18–24%
    Obese 25%+

Good Luck on Reaching your goal.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    if you're not losing weight reduce your calories more. You can't control where your body chooses to take away fat first so you'll just have to keep losing weight until the ab fat goes.
  • nyusha
    nyusha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    if you're not losing weight reduce your calories more. You can't control where your body chooses to take away fat first so you'll just have to keep losing weight until the ab fat goes.

+1, try reducing calories and upping protein, with a refeed day.