What Foods Are You Avoiding or Diet do you follow?

Options
13»

Replies

• aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i don't avoid any food. like lots of others have said, i just eat things in moderation. Of course I try to eat as clean as possible, not eat loads of processed junk and avoid sugar when i can, but cutting something out entirely just makes me want it that much more.

I tried the South Beach diet a million years ago when my parents were doing it. The first two weeks you give up carbs entirely to "cleanse" your body of them or whatever. I lost 10lbs those 2 weeks, but i was a raging angry b**ch! I didn't care about the 10lbs, all i wanted was a bowl of cereal and some chocolate! lol. Of course, the 10lbs came right back once i gave up that nonsense...
  • ode22a
    ode22a Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to never consume high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, and hydrogenated oils -- so no juice or soda or sports drinks -- and very little packaged foods (I read labels). I reserve desserts for special occasions, but generally concentrate on eating a balanced diet focused on portion control, along with an exercise routine. It's a lifestyle I'm adopting, not a weight loss "diet."
    ^^^^^^^^This is the key, make eating healthy a lifesytle change ,it then will be easy to manage.
  • jmar211
    jmar211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I just looked at the skinnytaste.com website. Pretty good info/recipes
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am making a lifestyle change, should have made it clear not a diet and do it for a little then ditch it. I just wanted to know what others are doing and if they are doing it what ones do they use :) just wanted to make it known. Also I cant go vegan as my doctor has decided at this time my body issues I have wouldn't be able to handle just what vegan food has to offer is what I am taking from my doctors words.

I don't know what your situation is but personally, all my doctors have had their concerns (including friends and family). Medical tests and my current fitness prove otherwise. Vegan food has plenty to offer. It just depends on how you approach it.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet per say. I've just been conscientious to how much I'm eating now. I have upped my fitness level in small increments as to not hurt myself. Then as my stamina built I started pushing myself going from a small .75 mile run to 5 miles non stop. I don't limit my taste buds. I still like my rum on the weekend, I still eat my ribs when I get the cravings. By not making it a "diet" per say it made it easier to transition to. Diets to me sound very temporary, meaning they have an ending date. I've worked at loosing 30 lbs and it looks good on me. The routine that I've made for myself is very sustainable so therefore it wont end. This is my new lifestyle. I don't freak out if I'm out with friends and I decide to chomp down a Bigmac. I just simply (with the help of MFP calorie counter) stay within my goals the best I can and stay more on the move than more on the couch.
    Absolutely concur with this approach!!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I count calories, watch my carbs (processed) and sugars (processed). This helps me control whether or not I have to take diabetis meds... keeping carbs and sugars low means I don't need them :) It is not a diet, it is a new Consciensious lifestyle I follow and I have no doubt I can sustain this menu for the rest of my life happily. I still eat pastas and breads, ice cream, and cake... just no where NEAR the habits and servings I once did. I accept my body doesn't process those well so I will do what I need to be healthy without dropping my income at the pharmacy.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do agree that everything in moderation if it fits in your day. However I do have a few exceptions; I do not eat fast food french fries anymore, I only have one hamburger a month and the prior to Sunday it was 3+ months since I had Mexican food. Some foods I just cannot stop at one serving, so I just eliminated them completely (ice cream, macaroni and cheese, chicken and dumplins).
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid anything, and for once in my life I'm not on a "diet" and finally losing weight. :wink: I just eat what I want, and stay 20% under my TDEE. I try to hit all my macros and get healthy foods in. I allow myself treats. Add in cardio and strength training then BOOM. Weight loss and improved health! That's how I lost 60 pounds last year. No deprivation here. I don't flip out if a birthday party or a family get together comes around. I just eat 1 slice of cake and get on with my life.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm doing portion control and exercise. I avoid milk, red meat, alcohol, butter, and pork, but that's because I just don't like those foods. Whenever possible I eat vegan unprocessed food. I just feel better when I eat that way, however I can't always eat vegan unfortunately.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm following the slim fast plan and avoid nothing.
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am starting the Virgin Diet which for the first 21 days cuts completely all gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, sugar & substitutes, corn and peanuts. I have previously tested positive for food sensitivities for gluten, dairy, eggs and soy. The book was very informative and after reading it I believe it's worth a try.
  • Triinu31
    Triinu31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting (read: calorie restriction to 25% of daily need): two or three days of "fasting" a week. Those days eating max 500 cal so restricting carbs as high calorie value for little nutrition, other days no restrictions but eating sensibly, no processed crap.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    None. None.
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    I don't avoid any food, i only don't eat as much as I used to.

I use Skinnytaste.com to adjust my favorite recipes and make them have less calories.

As an aside, thank you for the introduction to Skinnytaste.com - never seen it before, but will definitely be using it from now on :love:
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I dont avoid any foods either (except mashed potatoes-- for some reason they are a weakness I cant resist... I will eat them tilI am stuffed)... I'm just making sure I eat reasonable portions now...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I avoid foods that I don't like to it. That's about it. Other times I simply wait until it fits in my calories/macros before eating it.
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A healthy vegan LIFESTYLE.

So no meat, dairy, eggs, animal by-products as defined by "vegan" and no crap foods like artificial sweeteners, excessive sodium, bad fats, trying to avoid GMO foods, etc.

This!
  • blazer4dr
    blazer4dr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Although I have just started. I have lost 14lbs in about 5 weeks. I have decreased fried foods which decreased my fat intake, Iam eating more vegetables and fruit, I eat small amt. of carbs and most important, I am going to the gym [moving]. Looking for a life style that is healthy and productive.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I eat less... move more...
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i try not to call it a diet but portian control. but i do chose healthier foods. fruits and a lot of veggies. i avoid chips/soda/junk food. i have been converting myself to what i guess is called the whole food diet (i didn't know there was a name for it till a few mins ago when i saw it on a mssg board). limiting the processed foods. shoppin in the health section of the grocery store.