Nutrtion Facts !! YOU MUST READ THIS!

Options
13»

Replies

• lavender22
    lavender22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did I mention that calories also has a big part in losing.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    i wana cry i replied to every single comment and it just went boosh ... :(

There there. *pat pat*
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Broscience_Meal_Frequency_Diet_The_Rock_www_leangains_com_zpsb6d5d99a.jpg
  • lavender22
    lavender22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with you and like your reply :)
  • RissyK1
    RissyK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to make a comment about not counting diet soda. I used to not count diet soda until I had to start watching my sodium, a large diet coke at McDonald's has 45 mg of sodium. Doesn't sound like much, but when limited to 1500 mg a day, it matters. I know as far as calories go, it, ok. Just saying....too much sodium leads to water retention, high blood pressure ...could go on.. Good post, interesting.
  • janatleigh
    janatleigh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have found that the only way I don't lay in bed feeling HUNGRY is if I save enough calories for a good sized dinner and a snack right before bed. I was worried about the timing, but now you've reassured me! Thanks!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Since i see a lot of people post stuff about nutrition those are FACTS i said FACTS read them and do your research people !! Dieting doesn't mean you should live a miserable life

Nutrition FACTS:

1. It does NOT matter how late at night you eat or how much you eat AT ALL..
    2. You will NOT get your metabolism on fat burning mode by eating more smaller meals throughout the day.. 1 meal or 10 if the calories are the same so are your results!
    3. Not all carbs are the same when it comes to vitamines, minerals and satiety etc... But ALL Cabrs are 100% The Same when it comes to BODY COMPOSITION.. Aka 30g of carbs in the form of Sugar is NOT going to cause any more fat gain than 30g from Brown Rice.
    4. Meal Timing is 100% Irrelevant for body composition. If certain time schedules make you FEEL better, that's your personal preference.
    5. You do NOT need fast acting carbohydrates post workout.
    6. You will NOT burn off muscle if you decide to skip breakfast, nor does breakfast have ANY affect on metabolism. Bottom line Calories measure energy.

Your body runs on Energy Taken In vs Energy Spent. Gain wait = Calories UP! Lose Weight = Calories DOWN!

I'm willing to prove every one of those by new scientific research !! All that no carb at night and eat "clean" is in the past !! Everything changed PLEASE DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND DO SOME RESEARCH!!! I Lost 67 lbs and i'm following those guide lines!! I eat at night i eat WHAT EVER i want as long it fit my macros !!!

Well, you either know what you're talking about, or you can shovel it with the best of them. :smile:

I take no issue with any of the 6 points you posted, but I'm wondering about timing with respect to protein. If you're involved in some heavy-duty strength training, isn't there a benefit to eating your daily protein in several small amounts during the day, so that when your body is trying to repair the muscles the protein is available?

The flip side of this is, if muscle repair takes place primarily when you sleep, is there benefit to eating more of your protein before you go to bed?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    STUDIES INCOMING!

:love:
  • kyto7288
    kyto7288 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with KMS here. Yes you will lose weight if calories in is less than calories out, however the benefits of eatting what you seem to concider clean food far outweigh the dirty that you are refering to. The processed dirty food that is stuffed full of high fructose corn syrup causes your body to crave more food than you actually need. This makes it exceedingly difficult for most people to control their diet. It takes alot more willpower to stop eating these processed foods than it is to eat a more natural diet consistantly. In many cases people will find themselves breaking down and binge eating ruining an entire weeks worth of good nutrition because their hunger is out of control. So in conclusion, I don't disagree with you, but I think that it will make controling your diet more difficult. ie all this dirty food the first half of the day, then you have to tourture yourself and find super low fat low carb protein for the rest of the day because you ate all of your fat and carbs early.
  • kyto7288
    kyto7288 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think the no bread thing came up recently because many people in todays world have developed problems digesting grain types of food and then people start thinking that carbs are evil and that humans aren't meant to eat them such as the keto diet. The thing about keto is you still have to follow strict macros. If you eat 40g carbs but still consume 3500 calories of fat every day then you're going to stay fat. People just need to edjucate themselves, find the macros that fit their needs, and get to it.