Am I the only one that eats raw oats?

Options
I don't like the texture of cooked oatmeal. I just put the raw oats in a bowl with half a scoop of protein powder and pour milk on them. I don't let them sit for any length of time; I just eat them right away. These are the regular "old fashioned" oats, not quick cooking or instant.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,084 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart.
  • brandy1471
    brandy1471 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like them to.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I let them soak into some greek yogurt overnight.....
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I LOVE raw oats! I don't put anything on them, I just eat them plain.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I eat them raw all the time. They're an essential ingredient in muesli.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them raw when my mom and I were baking oatmeal cookies--she always laughed at me. I haven't eaten them like that in years, though. Mmm...raw oats...that sounds delicious! :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat them raw, but I put my almond milk in there the night before and stick it all in the fridge. I love it! I never liked oats, but it was just because I don't like the texture once they are cooked. Once I figured out I could do it this way, it became my favorite breakfast!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have them raw, just with milk or some days I may mix in a low fat yogurt. I've never soaked them.
  • cheryl117
    Options
    As a kid use to eat them raw with milk and sugar ,actually sounds yummy right now !
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I DO!

Funny-Horse-10.jpg
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Be careful how much you eat raw. Coworker of mine had a horror story about that. His sister, as a little girl, would eat raw oats all the time. Once, she ate a good cup or 2 of them, then drank a bunch of water. Had to go to the hospital because of how much the oats then expanded in her stomach. Kind of a freak story I know, but you never know
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Raw oats are good. They are even sorta sweet. I only eat it sometimes like this. Handfull of oats and a much needed glass of water.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Be careful how much you eat raw. Coworker of mine had a horror story about that. His sister, as a little girl, would eat raw oats all the time. Once, she ate a good cup or 2 of them, then drank a bunch of water. Had to go to the hospital because of how much the oats then expanded in her stomach. Kind of a freak story I know, but you never know

Yikes. I stick to about 1/2 a cup, so I'm not too worried :)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I DO!

Funny-Horse-10.jpg

Your coat looks great.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I soak mine in yoghurt too overnight, along with chia, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, and a some dried cranberries and frozen blueberries, very very yummy and nutritious.
  • Healthnut4love
    Options
    I like them just like that, too. I often put some nuts and cinnemon in them. And I also like them in yogurt.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them raw in a smoothie :happy:
  • kellzcosta
    Options
    i just put them over plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit on top!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I soak mine in yoghurt too overnight, along with chia, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, and a some dried cranberries and frozen blueberries, very very yummy and nutritious.

I tried something similar to this last night actually. Instead of the seeds though I put in some honey, unsweetened cocoa, and banana. Not too bad but not nearly as good as my apple cinnamon overnight oatmeal. Found that one and a bunch of others on this website...
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My sister is a bodybuilder and her cutting diet involves eating oatmeal. She hates the texture of cooked oats, and so she mixes them up with an egg and an(I think only one?) egg white and cooks it on the stove like a pancake.

I like them raw, but I also like making baked oatmeal. :)