Lemon Juice

Options
Are there any really benifits to drinking lemon in water first thing in the morning, or even at all? I hear this alot that is has benifits but Im not sure if people have really seen any results for doing it. thank you

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It tastes good, keeps you hydrated, and adds a few extra vitamins to your water. Other than that, it won't increase your rate of weight loss if that is what you're asking.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, all good.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to help your digestion, de-bloat you, & balance your pH levels.
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It cleanses you from the inside out...detoxifying your cells. Drink as much of it as possible! I do.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I like the test. I get bored of water
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet
    But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.
    Lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet
    But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Some people say it helps rid your body of toxins......(17DD info)

I can't find any real supporting facts for this - however, I can tell you that I did it for about a month and felt better, I would drink a warm glass of lemon water each morning before drinking anything else.

I now just drink regular water - sometimes I add, lemon, lime, cucumber whatever just to give it some flavor.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It cleanses you from the inside out...detoxifying your cells.

From a scientific standpoint, this makes zero sense. Your liver and kidneys detoxify your body, not food or juice.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It cleanses you from the inside out...detoxifying your cells.

From a scientific standpoint, this makes zero sense. Your liver and kidneys detoxify your body, not food or juice.

^^^^this

Lemon juice has many vitamins and mineral. It also helps prevent kidney stones. (does not dissolve them)
  • CornellGirl
    CornellGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It has antiviral, cleansing (liver) applications but I'm not sure if it would actually INDUCE weight loss.

My guess is that since the pH is low (3ish) - by adding lemon juice to foods you could lower the food's GI which could make the food you eat healthier...?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It cleanses the pancreas, tones the ilium, and reignites your metabolic bonfire.
    There's nothing worse than unbalanced blood pH. It makes you all dying and moody.