Has anyone lost weight with just one herbalife shake a day?

Options
I know it says to drink two a day for weight loss, but I just don't want to do that. You loose the weight too fast. I was wondering if anyone has drunk just one shake a day along with a healthy diet and lost weight. I have been eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks and plenty of water and working out. I drink one shake for dinner, the weight isn't coming off as I expected.

Replies

• Shesallsmilez
    Shesallsmilez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did just one shake a day for a while and as long as you are eating healthy the rest of the day you will still lose weight. Now I use one shake as more of an after workout protein boost. When I first started Herbalife I did two shakes a day but it just wasn't enough to get me through the day without feeling hungry or tired, although I did lose 8 pounds pretty quickly. For me, it has been easier to change up my diet to eat healthier and use the shakes if I need a quick meal or an after workout boost.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I know it says to drink two a day for weight loss, but I just don't want to do that. You loose the weight too fast. I was wondering if anyone has drunk just one shake a day along with a healthy diet and lost weight. I have been eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks and plenty of water and working out. I drink one shake for dinner, the weight isn't coming off as I expected.

But are you eating at a caloric deficit? One can easily eat "healthy" but still eat at a maintenance level of calories or surplus. If there is no deficit, there is no weight loss, regardless of what shake or pill you take. I eat pretty darned healthy...lots of whole foods...veg, etc and it's pretty darn easy for me to still take in a boat load of calories.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Interesting, that is what I have been doing, eating 5 meals a day and the 5th meal which is dinner is the herbalife shake, I add a banana to it and some milk and ice. Maybe I need to cut back on some carbs, IDK what the deal is. I thought for sure loosing 2lbs in one week was very normal. I am eating greens and fruits, drinking plenty of water and working out. I drink no soda, only milk and water and that's 1% milk.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options

But are you eating at a caloric deficit? One can easily eat "healthy" but still eat at a maintenance level of calories or surplus. If there is no deficit, there is no weight loss, regardless of what shake or pill you take. I eat pretty darned healthy...lots of whole foods...veg, etc and it's pretty darn easy for me to still take in a boat load of calories.

^^^^ This. Your diary isn't public so we can't help with what you are eating. But if you are eating a lot of calories (even if it's healthy food), the weightloss will be slim to none, regardless of your shake dinner.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food and drinks? Are you logging it? It is too easy to go over your calorie needs if you aren't.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You lose weight because you are eating in a calorie deficit. Doesn't matter one bit for weight loss if you are sucking down Herbalife shakes or real food.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    NO - I am losing weight with NO herbalife -

A calorie deficit is the culprit responsible for mine :drinker:
  • debrahmerriweather
    Options
    I lost 11 pounds with herbalife just doing one shake a day and taking supplements one time a day. The program says to take supplement 3 xs a day and shake twice. I just eat healthy the rest of the day. Eat protein bars in between and try to walk as much as I can. I lost 11 pounds in two months. I like slow and steady. This way I will maintain the weight that I have lost. I hope this helps...
  • debrahmerriweather
    Options
    Try drinking the almond milk. It has only 40 calories per serving. Try drinking your shake in the morning. That may cut out a lot of your calories as well. I find walking works even when I don't do anything else.