PLEASE...I HAVE BAD KNEES....ONCE AGAIN.....PLEASE...I HAVE

Options
If you know you have bad knees....don't hit the pavement and run.....do low impact cadio.....its not gonna be cute 2 years from now when you walking like Charles Barkley in that Taco bell Commercial.......

My funny advice for Monday....LOL

Replies

• Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you!!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree with you once you have built up your muscle and have done low impact cadio and master that and master high impact cadio it is okay to run aging with the right train and shoe. Even my Dr. gave me the go ahead to run.

153118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I see what you mean Ndfcdf, I had a partial knee transplant in June 2008 and running is the last thing I should do if I want it to last as much as possible. I am only 42 and the lifespan of the transplant is 10 to 15 years. After, the doctor told me that I will need a total knee transplant. The lifespan of such a transplant these days is 20 to 25 years. Hopefully, the progress will allow me to have a functionnal knee for as long as I can be active. For now, I do my training without overexerting my knee, that means low-impact aerobic work only.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Missou as far as working out with and injury you need to listen to your Dr and your body. I want to say congrats on keep going after having a partial knee transplant. Keep up the good work.

Nancy

153118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I sure will Nancy!! Thanks :heart: