burning and eating

Options
Hey there,

I'm new to my fitness pal, I started a week ago and have a massive journey but I'm worried, my calorie intake is set at 1570 which I can easily achieve but I've been working out. Everyday last week I more or less didn't go over 500 because of the exercise and a couple of times I've burned more than.I've eaten. I've started out determined this time round and I want to be active each day whether im walking or doing a class but im always satisfied with meals and im yet to feel hungry between meals. I have loads of energy so I would think im doing fine but im not sure so can you please advise me? I haven't weighed yet im doing thay every two weeks to try and not be a slave to scales.

Thanks

Kelly

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't confuse the fact that you have plenty of energy with what your metabolism is doing. With that much of a calorie deficit, your metabolism will eventually bottom out. Generally, the bare minimum for net calories is 1200. Anything under that isnot recommended, for good reason.
  • tattooedchick88
    Options
    So if I have 1570, then burn 700 I need to eat almost 500 to make suremy.metabolism is working properly? That's a whole extra meal I don't feel I need if you know what I mean. I've burned over 1000 on a couple of occasions too so that.is getting ridiculous if I need to double my food so I can exercise.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I sometimes feel that the calories that Myfitnesspal says you've burned is sometimes not very realistic. I can go for a very very leisurely 30 minute stroll and I've burnt around 200 calories. Yet I feel like I haven't even broken a sweat sometimes. Same with when I go swimming, I supposedly burn up to 300 calories for swimming 20 lengths but I feel as though I haven't done anything. Are you finding the app realistic to the workouts you've done? I'm a bit worried about eating more on the days that I exercise in case I'm not actually burning what the app tells me I am. I would also say that depending on what you need to lose then don't necessarily worry about eating ALL of the calories you've earned. Mind you that's because I'm inclined to eat chocolate with my earned calories and nothing remotely healthy! Haha!

Jade x