Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

One Word---Profile Pic brings what to ur mind?

Options

Replies

• louisel809
    Options
    Marathon??
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    supercalifragilistic!
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    Marathon??

a short one!
  • baldzach
    Options
    Marathon??

a short one!

Pretty sure marathons only come in one distance. 26.2 miles (or 42.195 km)
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    Marathon??

a short one!

pretty sure I had no idea(much less to the decimal)... but now I know. shame on me for the egregious misuse of the term.

then again, if we were so concerned about semantics then there would be no "short" marathon since as you pointed out a marathon is the EXACT measurement so by definition if the distance was shorter (or longer) then it is not a marathon.

I'm guessing you have run a marathon, and I would also guess that pointing out my error was more about reminding others you have run a marathon - because if you have fatties like m running around and jogging for 5 miles thinking they ran a "marathon" then it would surely take away from your own accomplishments eh? Otherwise going out of your way to point this out seems sort of contrived eh? congratulations, your own accomplishments are no longer weighed down by the efforts of others.

either all that is true... or you were just joshin!! ;-)
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Runner
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Sexy diva
  • baldzach
    Options
    Marathon??

a short one!

pretty sure I had no idea(much less to the decimal)... but now I know. shame on me for the egregious misuse of the term.

then again, if we were so concerned about semantics then there would be no "short" marathon since as you pointed out a marathon is the EXACT measurement so by definition if the distance was shorter (or longer) then it is not a marathon.

I'm guessing you have run a marathon, and I would also guess that pointing out my error was more about reminding others you have run a marathon - because if you have fatties like m running around and jogging for 5 miles thinking they ran a "marathon" then it would surely take away from your own accomplishments eh? Otherwise going out of your way to point this out seems sort of contrived eh? congratulations, your own accomplishments are no longer weighed down by the efforts of others.

either all that is true... or you were just joshin!! ;-)

My my... do we have issues? Most non-runners refer to any race as a "marathon" and most runners refer to 5ks ans 5ks, 10ks as 10ks, Call it what you will, but a marathon is a marathon is a marathon, not just any running race.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Friendly :smile:
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Healthy
  • mtpayne5
    mtpayne5 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    gangsta