Replies

• nunep
    nunep Posts: 21
    Options
    Polar FT4 rocks! Easy to use :smile:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The cheaper Polars that sync just sync the workout results, Time of workout, length, avgHR, maxHR, calories, and time in your HR zones is computed.

Hardly worth the $40 for the syncing unit.

Now, if you get at least the RS300X, you can pair GPS or cadence or foot pod with it, and those stats will come across too. But no HR data for during the event, just final stats. And its about $10 more than others that will sync but miss the opportunity for add-ons.

But, that is about the cheapest model for getting more accurate calorie burn info, all the cheaper ones are missing the required VO2max stat, which means if overweight but fit, you'll be getting underestimated calorie burn info.

I have the Garmin 310XT, because it uploads all the data from the workout, and it has the best calorie burn formula, and just love examining the numbers for training.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I use a Zephyr HxM Bluetooth HRM with my Razr Droid Maxx along with Endomondo Pro app. Before I had an HTC EVO 4G. Never had a problem using my HRM with either phone.
  • kymham
    kymham Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the Zypher. It works with android and I love it !
    I used polar previously and they were nice, I just love the techy ness of the Zypher!
  • CrackedMojo
    CrackedMojo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Wahoo Blu HRM. Using the Wahoo or digifit app and manually enter calories into MFP. No big deal.
  • RosalindSutch
    Options
    Def a Polar -- they have all kinds of ways to sync the data, but I mannually enter it into MFP because it takes zero extra effort. The data is stored though and you can analyze it outside of MFP if you so desire.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Just as easy to enter it manually. I have a Polar FT4 and believe it is the best investment I have made. I LOVE IT! I've never had a problem with mine and it is user friendly.

^^this.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have the RunKeeper app and I like it. I listen to music and every 5 minutes I hear a female voice telling me my distance and pace. I'm thinking about getting the HRM strap that works with my app.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40f that I have been using for the past year without a single glitch. I manually enter my work outs into a Excel document, and it's really not a hassle.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have a Pyle Sports HRM. I just enter my calories burned manually, no extra work really.

My HRM is a bit of a cheaper model compared to a lot out there, but it fit my budget, has a chest strap, stop watch, high and low target hear rates, and I can enter my age/weight/V02max to get a decent idea of where my calories are at.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I enter manually. I have a Garmin Forerunner 110. The only crappy thing about it is you can only use it outside. I tried to use it in my gym and it won't read my heart rate so I just use MFP
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have a Pyle Sports HRM. I just enter my calories burned manually, no extra work really.

My HRM is a bit of a cheaper model compared to a lot out there, but it fit my budget, has a chest strap, stop watch, high and low target hear rates, and I can enter my age/weight/V02max to get a decent idea of where my calories are at.

Interesting, that's not cheaper features than the cheaper priced Polars then, that's nice to have the VO2max stat available, which the cheaper Polars don't have.

I've never heard of that brand, but they have some nice models with nice feature sets, which again, cheaper Polars leave off.

Nice to see some good competition for the market.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 410, only had it just over a week but already I see it pushing me more and yeah it's easy once all synced.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

I have the same one, for the same reasons. It works just fine. I've been thinking about upgrading to one that syncs, but I'm not convinced it's worth it.
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just got it for christmas and I love it. Oops, I was trying to comment on the FT4---great investment.
  • sandyh1987
    sandyh1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the zephyr monitor with my android phone, and track with Endomundo app, it works great! I'd love to find out which app tracks rebounding or trampolining, does anyone know? I use a personal trampoline on cold wet days.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump