Looking for Some Friends

Options
2»

Replies

• osteveishii
    Options
    teamwork makes the dream work. i enjoy the workouts in the Gallery section at www.allsortsacrazy.com
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group!
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You're free to add me!
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Awesome tips everyone.

Now, real question, is it weird if a guy does Zumba? I have heard it is a great workout, nice music and a lot of fun to sweat your butt off while having a good time.

Also, thoughts on starting Yoga for a male.
  • anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well...I need all the support I can get.

Go for the Zumba! I found that yoga didn't help as much as running, lifting, or the other exercises I like. My advice: stick with Zumba.
  • joefeery
    joefeery Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, 16 year old from the UK just trying to gain confidence by losing weight :)
  • Hmsipes
    Hmsipes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (actually, anyone answering here should feel free to add me!). I like the accountability that comes from having friends along my weight loss journey. I'm 32 from MD, and just trying to lose what I gained back over the holidays. Spent a year on another online weight loss program and lost 35 pounds, hoping to find the same support here (and to give it to others as well). Good luck to you!
  • Hmsipes
    Hmsipes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba, by my cousin is an instructor, and has been encouraging me to try. She says that lots of men do it and love it. It is definitely a better calorie burn than Yoga. I personally love Yoga, and I do it twice a week for an hour each time. I do it at home, and it is great in between days that I do more strenuous workouts and need to stretch those muscles. I recommend if you want to start out at home, try Rodney Yee's videos (I like Yoga Burn and Abs Yoga for Beginners). If you love it, try Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior...it's amazing :-)
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    thanks everyone for the awesome advice and all the friend requests.
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey man, sent you a friend request, also Canadian, but from the East Coast. Good luck with the weight loss, I plan on losing about the same as you so we can motivate and help each other!
  • mich000
    mich000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    More and more friends... I love it!
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    nope i dont think its weird for a guy to do zumba... when i was going to zumba classes there was 2 guys in our class... now i do it in the privacy of my own home b/c they have zumba on DVD now..
  • alyssakoryn
    alyssakoryn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm always looking for new friends to encourage/help encourage me!