Anyone else work out on their lunch break?

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I've started hitting the gym over my lunch break in addition to my main work out for the day... by the time I drive to the gym, change etc. I've really only got about 1/2 hr of work out time... I generally do a 10 minute warm up on the elliptical, then weight lift for the remaining 20 minutes... But I never seem to get as much weight lifting in as I want to... My gym probably has like 25-30 different weight machines that I try to do at least 15 reps on each... but especially with all the new year's newbs I can never seem to hit all the machines before it is time to change and get back to work... should I shorten or take out my elliptical warm up? Alternate arms and legs days, and just do more rotations instead of doing them all on the same day?

What's your lunch break routine look like?

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I don't work out during my lunch break but I would recommend that you skip the elliptical and focus just on the weight session because you can use a few sets as your warm up. That way, you'll be get much more from the weight session.

Do it a few times a week. A very popular 4 day split is to do chest and triceps, back and biceps, legs and shoulders with abs. This is much more effective and fat loss and/or muscle growth than going around the gym using all the machines. Machines are great, but if they are in use you can use free weight to do the same thing. Ask one of the instructors to help you through some exercises.