It really works!

Options
I have been on MFP for two weeks now and I thought, "Duh...just another thing that 'says' it works!" Guess what...it really WORKS!!! I have followed what it says to do and I am losing.

I am so glad to be a part of MFP and I LOVE having FUN losing weight! I want to make a lot of friends on here so I can always come here for motivation.

I am a mother of two adorable kids, ages 3 and 7 months. Since I was married in 2004 I have just kept gaining. I reached 179lbs and vowed to never get past 180...SOOO here I am and I can't wait to look great this summer but most of all I can't wait to FEEL great about myself!

I am about 30lbs away from my goal weight but I will continue to use MFP to maintain that weight!

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    [applause]

I know how you feel. Ive lost 15lbs since being on MFP - started Feb. 5th and IT WORKS! Who wouldve guessed it! LOL! Ive tried every diet under the sun to lose weight and nothing worked. Who wouldve guessed that calorie counting and exercise would work so well. Not me! I was really skeptical when I joined....but Im so glad I did.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm new to this, but I LOVE it so far!! I want to make a lot of friend on here to.... it'll keep me motivated! Good luck! Keep up the good work!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    welcome, it's a wonderful sight. You'll only grow to love it and the people involved more and more!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I have been on MFP for two weeks now and I thought, "Duh...just another thing that 'says' it works!" Guess what...it really WORKS!!! I have followed what it says to do and I am losing.

I am so glad to be a part of MFP and I LOVE having FUN losing weight! I want to make a lot of friends on here so I can always come here for motivation.

I am a mother of two adorable kids, ages 3 and 7 months. Since I was married in 2004 I have just kept gaining. I reached 179lbs and vowed to never get past 180...SOOO here I am and I can't wait to look great this summer but most of all I can't wait to FEEL great about myself!

I am about 30lbs away from my goal weight but I will continue to use MFP to maintain that weight!

Welcome aboard and good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too. Isn't this a great place? I love it here!
  • Mommy_x3
    Mommy_x3 Posts: 48
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! I am in the same boat as you!

Good Luck! I am sure you will do great!
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Beware of KnightofGod, if you friend him he will keep you very motivated and make you smile every day. :)
  • cocacole77
    Options
    Well then I will have to watch out him ;)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    [applause]

I know how you feel. Ive lost 15lbs since being on MFP - started Feb. 5th and IT WORKS! Who wouldve guessed it! LOL! Ive tried every diet under the sun to lose weight and nothing worked. Who wouldve guessed that calorie counting and exercise would work so well. Not me! I was really skeptical when I joined....but Im so glad I did.

I felt EXACTLY the same way as you! :smile: Who'd have thought that losing weight could be as easy as counting calories and getting exercise! :noway: :laugh:
  • cocacole77
    Options
    BrenNew you've almost reached your goal!!! That is so great!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    BrenNew you've almost reached your goal!!! That is so great!

Thanks, I actually DID reach it, even lost a few extra. :bigsmile: But, for more than a year now, I've just been see-sawing back and forth with the same 5 or 6 pounds! :grumble: I'll lose a few, gain em, lose one, gain 3! :grumble: I think it's gonna be a never ending battle, but, thanks to MFP, I think I'll do ok! :smile:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! So far it's been working for me too and I plan to use MFP to maintain as well.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree, MFP is great! I joined back in 2008, but did not stick with it. Then in 2009, I was going to the gym daily but I did not care about what I ate. Since Christmas time last year, I returned to this site and log in daily, I've lost 17 lbs, since then! What I love most, is that the site is free and we don't have to pay anything for anything we do. I stopped taking all those extra fat burners and everything! Nothing could be better the MFP!

Welcome to your new lifestyle!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in less than 2 months since joining here. I started dieting in November but didn't lose any real weight until I came here. The important thing is to keep up with the logging and you'll do great.