So here's the thing..

Options
First of all can I just apologise if iv wrote my post under the wrong topic :)

Anyhow, I set my own calorie limit to 1500 as I didn't feel that 1200 that my fitness pal set for me was right as I was ALWAYS hungry anyway iv binged almost every night since new years day on 1500 so I was thinking to up my calories by 200 to 1700 to see if that would stop my binges.

Before I did that I wanted opinions of people first so here are my questions..

Would it work?
Would it be beneficial?
Would I have to exercise more?

If people have done this then could they give me their experiences please?

Very much appreciated :D

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    what is your bmr?
  • Beth24793
    Beth24793 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know "/

how do i work that out ??
  • Beth24793
    Options
    I figured it out, its

• krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out your TDEE and since you only have about 10 lbs to lose you only want to cut down by about 10%. Or calculate TDEE for your goal weight and eat that.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So you always want to eat at least 1500 calories of food as a minimum. Depending on how active you are, if you try to up your calories to 1700 calories, you won't lose very quickly at all. The site that was referenced is a good one to look at and play with the numbers.

Just realize that a 500 calorie/day deficit is required to lose 1 lb/wk. If you are sedentary, your TDEE is about 1790 cal/day. So, without exercising, all you really have a "budget" for is about 0.5 lb/wk which would put you at 1540 cal/day. Of course, the more you exercise, the more you get to eat, so that might be your route if you are wanting more food.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well if 1500 = binge then that's not an option anyway. So I'd suggest trying 1700 and just taking it as slow as you need to.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry and bingeing because of being hungry, then yes, I believe your body is telling you to add some more calories.

I'd make sure they were good calories, maybe try a protein shake with fruit to keep you full.
  • Beth24793
    Options
    Thanx guys :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Here's all you need to calculate your BMR and TDEE and use those figures to lose weight:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

How many pounds a week are you set to lose on MFP? As you're quite close to your goal with just 10lb to lose, you should aim for 0.5lb a week, certainly no more than 1lb. You might find that a simpler route to getting results. Don;t forget to eat all or most of your exercise calories - unlike other systems, MFP doesn't take exercise into account when calculating your daily calories based on your activity level until you log it.

I've tried the hard sums route and I get more or less the same figures as MFP, so I stick with MFP :smile:
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you are hungry if it has to do wth the foods you are eating? Maybe try adding more protein to keep you full longer. :-):smile: