Snacking

How do you keep from snacking continuously throughout the day?

I have good lean meals but I have a problem with snacking even if it is healthy snacks.

Replies

• Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Plan snacks into your day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    i make sure my snacks are awesome! i normally eat my face off until just after lunch. Things like cucumber slices and goat cheese, almonds, water, green tea, tomato with mayo on top, turkey sausage, pepperoni, a wherther's original if I can't shake the fact that I want a donut. Even juicy fruit dessert gum can kill a craving or 2.
  • DeanBurrows
    DeanBurrows Posts: 116 Member
    NUTS! PROTEIN!

Nuts are pretty amazing, along with Raw Green Beans yummy
  • When I get the urge for a snack, I get a glass of water instead and sometimes flavor it with a no calorie flavor booster.
  • protein shakes! YUMMY!
  • I try to drink a lot of water but I seem to always worry that nuts are too much in calories to snack on. Is chewing a lot of gum bad?
  • gum can make you bloated but that's about it.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    I suppose it really doesn't matter if you snack continuously throughout the day, or have 2-3 planned snacks. The main point is that you have to log the calories in those snacks if you want your eating plan to be effective. If you like to graze, measure out all of it ahead of time, bag it up, and whenever it is gone--THAT'S IT. Personally, I think it is easier to plan to have a snack between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner. Maybe one after supper if you eat a relatively easy supper. Make sure that your snacks count towards your nutrition goals (i.e. have protein, fiber, and vitamins) and are not just empty carbs.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    How do you keep from snacking continuously throughout the day?

I have good lean meals but I have a problem with snacking even if it is healthy snacks.

Don't make your meals so lean, you need protein, fibre, water and a little fats for complete satiety.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Nuts are not bad! They are a good source of protein and healthy fats. However a small quantity of them is high in calories--that's why you need to weigh or measure them and make sure that they fit in with your calorie goal for the day.
  • Having a good amount of protein in your meals will help keep hunger at bay and snack cravings minimized. I make sure to have a good hearty breakfast (oatmeal with natural peanut butter), a mid morning protein/fruit/veggie smoothie, and a salad with some kind of lean chicken or fish for lunch. I'm never hungry. I get all that protein within the first half of my day and I'm good until dinner time. Sometimes I have an apple mid-afternoon if I'm a bit hungry, but it's protein protein protein that will keep you full!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    If, for some reason, I can't plan snacks into my day (like if I'm going to be in a meeting all day) I eat something filling beforehand to tide me over. I used to try for lots of fiber, but have found that protein keeps me full longer. Maybe you could try eating more protein with your meals to keep you satisfied so you don't get hungry and snack away.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I eat plenty of nutritious foods throughout the day. Ergo, I am only hungry at meal times.