omnomnomnomnom! yum:p

Options
whitneyps7
whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
so id like to make my own recipe book, low calories ones would be awesome :) but any are appreciated. so if any of yall have some great recipes for breakfast, lunch, diner, snacks, desserts, ect id love to hear them!!!!

p.s i DO NOT eat any kind of seafood, anything that lived in the water i dont eat so no seafood/fish ect recipes please :)

Replies

• mapnerd2005
    Options
    I just posted this Chicken Parmesan recipe the other day!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850973-chicken-parmesan-too-easy-and-good-to-not-share

I also like to make "cheesecake" with sugarfree/fatfree jello cheesecake instant pudding mix (mixed with 2 c. skim milk) mixed together with an 8oz block of cream cheese. Divide the mixture into 6 single-size serving containers, when ready to eat crumble a graham cracker square over the top. Soooo good.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Check out SkinnyTaste.com. Lots of great recipes.
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    Try these:

www.slenderkitchen.com

www.emilybites.com

http://www.hungry-girl.com
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    The Eat This/Not That and Cook This/Not That books are also very handy to have on hand because they don't just tell you what not to eat, they tell you what to eat instead and say WHY. Plus they have a supermarket guide and a menu decoder in them.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of this lately! Perfect for winter.

Butternut Squash Soup
    Original recipe makes 4 servings

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
    1/2 onion, sliced
    2 cloves garlic
    2 sprigs fresh thyme
    1/2 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
    4 cups chicken stock (use the low sodium and fat free one)
    1/2 cube chicken bouillon
    1 pinch ground cumin
    1 pinch ground allspice
    salt and ground black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat; cook the onion, garlic, and thyme in the hot butter until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the squash and chicken stock; bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.

Crumble the bouillon into the soup; season with cumin, allspice, salt, and pepper; remove from heat.

Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Hold the lid of the blender in place with a kitchen towel and carefully start the blender using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a serving bowl. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the pot.