Green tea

Options
2»

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I drink Pomegranate flavored green tea from Bigelow.... tastes like candy! I add a little honey to it :)

Me too! The blueberry green tea is also delicious
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You can drink it iced, add lemon, or drink it hot with a splash of what ever juice you like.
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi! I work at a tea shop and it seems like the main reason that people don't like green tea is because they either make it with boiling water which is way too hot an ends up burning the tea leaf or they steep (let it sit in the water) for too long. Both of these things make the tea bitter and not at all enjoyable to drink. If your tea comes with brewing instructions I would suggest trying to make your tea one more time following those instructions closely. I set a timer on my phone so that I don't forget and leave the tea in for too long. (It seems anal I know lol but as soon as I started doing this I realized how good green tea could be) As a general rule you want to use water between 165 to 175 degrees and only steep the tea for 1 to 2 mins. (the exact time and the water temp. really depend on what kind of green tea you have).

I hope that helps! Also, are you using tea bags or loose leaf tea?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks so much. I did steep it a long time the first time i made it.
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input, its really helpful. I like to use tea bags and there are so many different flavor options. Cant wait to try them all :-)