Birthday to go to some advice please

Options
I have a birthday to go to which means cake and all these foods I normally wouldn't eat, it's a dinner party and my family are not at all about eating healthy ! I know there are going to be a lot of curries and other food home made so not take aways now normally I take a day off on the Saturday so I can splurge with my husband and kids I thought about switching the two days over but then I won't be able to have my meal with my husband and a movie.............any suggestions? I have a treadmill at home how many calories should I bank if I want to eat normal for Thursday if that's the right way to go advice will be appreciated

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Take both days off, the birthday party and Saturday, from logging, enjoy your life and don't stress about it so much. Enjoy yourself. You won't eat enough to gain any real weight.
  • Prathome
    Options
    I agree. if you start streess to much about it your weight loss program will become a burden rather than a fun goal and you will most likely fail. If you want you can fill up in the morning with celery and pickles which have very little to no calories or in celery's case negative calorie. and eat with out guilt during dinner at the party.
  • ldwash405
    ldwash405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I wanted to have cake and ice cream for my son's birthday I just planned out my whole meal and cut portions down for breakfast and lunch so that I could still enjoy the day with my kids. If you want you can do some walking on the treadmill through the day to burn off some of the calories so that you won't go over your calorie limit. It will work out!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your ideas I really appreciate it.........I will make it a free day but not go overboard and get some cardio in aswell :)