Need info about my plan

Options
Hi, I am new here, I am only on my second day.This is my first post. I hope to get to know some of you soon. I am doing good and I intend to keep it that way. I am wondering if anyone knows about the rule of Not eating after 7pm? I have heard this many times, sometimes it is 6pm that I hear. Do you guys adhere to that type of policy with your own eating habits? This is one of the hardest things for me. I eat small stuff throughout the day, I eat when I am hungry. I do eat a good dinner about 6pm but later, at about 10pm, I will be looking for a snack. I did have one last night and I did add it to my food journal. I have set my journal up as times of day, 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm and 3pm-7pm. So yes I did lie and put my snack in the 3-7 slot. So if you got any information about this let me know. Thanks for your help. :ohwell:

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can eat any time you want. The whole "eat 6 meals a day thing and don't eat after this time" thing has been disproven.
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any times rules for when to stop eating, but have read that some others do stop eating at 7pm.

I think if you are losing weight while allowing a snack at night, and remaining in your calorie count for the day, you will be fine. I allow myself a treat every night, usually between 9-10pm, but I also routinely stay up until 11:30 or midnight. I figure if I give up my late night snack, then I will be miserable and give up before reaching my goal. I am just more intentional about what I choose for a treat, and keep it within or close to my calorie limit.