Motivation ideas

2»

Replies

• emr51983
    emr51983 Posts: 6 Member
    I give myself rewards.

At the beginning of each weekly weigh in I set myself a goal. If I lose X amount of weight this week, I will buy myself Y. It's usually something small, like a silver bracelet to go with my new watch. If I don't lose that weight that week, I don't buy myself anything.

I also set long term prizes, if I lose 10 lbs, I'm buying myself a new pair of nude platform pumps. At 20 lbs. I'm buying myself a new jewelry organizer to hang on my wall. Those gifts for myself are a bit expensive than my weekly rewards.

I also email one of my friends every week and she emails me. So we hold each other accountable and get to tell each other when we bought our prize etc...
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    I give myself rewards.

At the beginning of each weekly weigh in I set myself a goal. If I lose X amount of weight this week, I will buy myself Y. It's usually something small, like a silver bracelet to go with my new watch. If I don't lose that weight that week, I don't buy myself anything.

I also set long term prizes, if I lose 10 lbs, I'm buying myself a new pair of nude platform pumps. At 20 lbs. I'm buying myself a new jewelry organizer to hang on my wall. Those gifts for myself are a bit expensive than my weekly rewards.

I also email one of my friends every week and she emails me. So we hold each other accountable and get to tell each other when we bought our prize etc...

That's awesome. I think if I reach my goal weight I'll award myself with a tattoo I want but am too big to get haha
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    what's motivating me is my upcoming surgery... I know I can't lose fast but every pound helps. To get off the obese charts at the doctor office.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Congrats!