Totally ruined my diet tonight

Options
Had the worst week ever. They laid off people at my job and now this evening I had a fender bender. I went and had Buffalo Wild Wings and didn't pay attention to calories at all. I feel bad for blowing the hard work today and could really use some motivation to keep at the weight loss goal.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i had that issue yesterday. just try to get back on track tomorrow. you don't make any progress by starving yourself or beating yourself up.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's one meal. It's not going to ruin your weight loss journey. Don't think of it as a diet, make it a life style. You have to indulge a little and you're going to have some really good days, followed by some really bad days. Go for a wall, burn off some calories. Start new tomorrow!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Its all about the big picture... one meal matters very little. No excuses just do better tomorrow!
  • LaboratoryScientist
    Options
    Agreed...One meal will not do you in as long as the next decisions you make are good ones. Don't sabotage your thoughts by thinking it's all ruined because it certainly isn't! Keep in mind that a pound of fat is 3500 calories. Therefore, you would have to eat that much extra to gain a single pound. And if you gained one pound...it's better not be the end all! Stay motivated! Hang in there! You can certainly do it! :flowerforyou:
  • GabrielleGreen33
    GabrielleGreen33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know it's such an awful feeling to have lost control.
    Do you always turn to food when you're stressed? It's a very common reaction, so don't give up!
    I think it would be interesting to think about why you get stress relief from food...

But I mean one day won't bring you back to where you started. You'll just pick back up again tomorrow!

Many dieters tend to fall into this "black and white", or "all or nothing" thinking pattern, where they'll feel ruined by one event and then just give up on that day and binge some more. There will always be setbacks but you are in control and you can get back on track and do this :)
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    Thanks guys I really needed some motivation to get back on track :)
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's gunna happen! Don't let it freak you out! Nose to the grindstone again tomorrow ;-)
  • TheNewMrs
    TheNewMrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Assuming you eat 3 meals a day - which is 21 meals a week - this is just 1 meal in the bigger picture. Don't beat yourself up about it, just makes it worse. Tomorrow is a new day and a new oppertunity to be succesful.
  • daliotard
    Options
    Just let it go! Tomorrow is a new day...keep your eyes on the prize!!!
  • jljdestiny9
    jljdestiny9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It was one meal and you had a very stressful day. Let it go. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep up the hard work but don't be so hard on yourself. And remember, there are lots of us in cyber-world who will always offer support :-)
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We all have rough patches. Just got to keep on truckin'! We have shtity days, but there's always tomorrow!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    like everyone said, its one meal. it won't affect your weight loss journey. just keep at it and stay strong thru the stress!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Whew last time I ate at BWW was August I couldn't believe how many calories were in their wings
  • Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Agreed...One meal will not do you in as long as the next decisions you make are good ones. Don't sabotage your thoughts by thinking it's all ruined because it certainly isn't! Keep in mind that a pound of fat is 3500 calories. Therefore, you would have to eat that much extra to gain a single pound. And if you gained one pound...it's better not be the end all! Stay motivated! Hang in there! You can certainly do it! :flowerforyou:

This!!!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Been there, done that. You will weigh 3-4 lbs more for a few days but... get back on regular food and exercise, forgive yourself and be proud. You are on a journey, not a one day and throw it all away event.

I end up binging about once per month. I don't plan it but, over the last 9 months, I have thought about this and about once/month, I go crazy and eat everything in site. I get back on the wagon. I feel like crap the next few days but it passes.
  • Foraanda
    Options
    I did this last night. I went to bed, started to read, and ate something like 20 Hershey kisses. At least I added it to my diary.
    Today is a new day!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Today is a new DAY!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ugh.....stress will do that. Stress makes me want to EAT EAT EAT!!! Sometimes you just gotta fling yourself off the bandwagon and let lose a little.

Dust yourself off - it's in the past. Being critical of the past can be pretty destructive. Just set a new plan for today and get on it.

You can do this!!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Had the worst week ever. They laid off people at my job and now this evening I had a fender bender. I went and had Buffalo Wild Wings and didn't pay attention to calories at all. I feel bad for blowing the hard work today and could really use some motivation to keep at the weight loss goal.
    Congratulations on an enjoyable and well-deserved Cheat Day! I hope you enjoyed it. Lifestyle changes should allow for life.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have had way more bad days than that since Christmas and I have not ruined my diet. Yes, I have put a few pounds back on but back to being more mindful with my eating and that will come back off. You only ruin it if you decide that's it I've ruined it now and give up completely, which I used to do all time. You had one bad day move on and made tomorrow a good day :smile: