cook this not that

MommyDaisy76
MommyDaisy76 Posts: 19 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
This is the best book ever!!! I bought it on a whim thinking I might find something in it.

I cooked a spinach salad with shrimp and bacon (220 cal) and grilled cheese with apples and bacon (330 cal) for dinner. I thought I would never get bacon again...but tonight I had it twice. I probably won't double up again because of the fat content, but dinner was dinner was amazing tonight.

The book takes a lot of popular restaurant meals that are super high in calories and kinda copies them for making at home with much less calories.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Sounds awesome! Cook This Not That by who? Very interested!!
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    i love doing that too. i look online at different restaurants menus to get good ideas and make them "healthy". sounds like a good book.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    I also loved Eat This Not That, opened my eyes up to fast food places!!
  • wow that sounds great! thanks for sharing. Another great book is "Cook yourself thin". great for feeding a family who is not all on a diet with us...
  • MommyDaisy76
    MommyDaisy76 Posts: 19 Member
    it is by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding

I will have to look into the cook yourself thin book...my boyfriend, who detests diet food, loved the stuff I cooked tonight. So, if I can find more great recipes, maybe I can put him on a "diet" with me
This discussion has been closed.