Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Everything is better with friends

I've been at this a week now and am down 6 pounds! I still have over 100 to go, but I will say that using this diary almost seems easy :happy: I am 34, a mother of a 10 year old boy and married. I live in Michigan.
I have been heavy most of my life. After I had my son it seemed like the weight just poured on. Through the years my weight has been up and down like a yoyo. Last week I had a Dr appointment and found out that I am pre diabetic and have high blood pressure. This is why I have decided that enough is enough! IT is time to take my life back!!!
It is very hard for me to talk with my family about my weight, because they are all skinny, and it seems like they just don't understand.
I am hoping to find friends for motivation and to motivate through this site. Like I said I have a long way to go, so I will be here for a long time. I would enjoy it to have everyone I can by my side through this journey. :smile:

Replies

• HI! i'm glad you decided that it was time to change your life. I decided that same thing. Although i haven't lost 6 pounds, only 3, i think we can help each other out. I kind of understand what you're going through. Right now i'm having a lot of family issues to my support system,besides my twig best friend, has shot to the ground. So i think we can help each other out. Let me know though. I'd love to have a motivation buddy.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Sounds great! It is so awesome to know that I'm not alone.