Why do people type "bump" on certain posts?

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
I just have no idea what it means, and would like to! :)

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It adds a post to the thread, and moves the thread up the queue to the top. Also it adds posts to their post count. :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fatdaddy75
    fatdaddy75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    +1
  • groversa
    Options
    It adds a post to the thread, and moves the thread up the queue to the top. Also it adds posts to their post count. :flowerforyou:

Why do our post counts matter?
  • whierd
    Options

They don't. Just a bragging rights thing.
  • groversa
    Options

They don't. Just a bragging rights thing.

Lol, okay, thanks. I thought it was to save it or something, idk. Lol thanks though!
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whierd
    Options
    bump
  • gonnasee33
    Options
    I like to bump threads in the situation where It looks particularly interesting but I dont have the time to read through all the response.. For me acts like a "bookmark"
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do it to add to my "responded to boards", it's like tagging the board, so you don't have to go back and research it later.. you just have to click on the above "recent post" and it will take you back to your "bumped" topics.
  • gonnasee33
    Options
    I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO,-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON,-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg