Weight Gain When Eating Healthy

Options
So I have lost around 20 pounds from managing my caloric intake, and I feel WAY better about how I look and how I feel. I am a collegiate athlete, and it has helped me get into better shape and feel better in my own skin. I maintained my weight throughout season, but just as Christmas break rolled around, I got in a bad habit of binging when I went home. Thus, I ate unhealthily (while still working out) for about three weeks. I gained about 10 lbs. I found out when I came back. But this entire past week, I've eaten extremely healthy and cut back my calories again yet I seem to be gaining weight still. Could that still be from the past few weeks? Do I just need to give my body time to stop storing those calories as fat and get back to my weight before? What's happening?!?!?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I don't have a why, just a similar situation. I did a lot of binging over the holidays and gained 7 pounds total, while working out too. I didn't start to come down in weight at all until three days ago, even though I've eaten better for the last two weeks. The weight just kept going up even into January, no reason why I can think of. I guess I just ate that much sodium, I don't know.
  • pode23
    pode23 Posts: 9
    Options
    Me too- can't wait to see what people say is going on, might make me feel better!
  • MPilotz
    MPilotz Posts: 10
    Options
    the body takes about a week to two weeks to adapt to a decreased/increased caloric intake (it is why you should decrease/increase intake in intervals). calorie deficit is a deficit no matter how you put it. should start seeing loss again soon