Said goodbye to 55 pounds in 9 months

Options
I joined MFP in May 2011, but didn't get serious about my weight loss until April 2012. Since then, I've been on a mission!

This is me in June of 2011 - oh boy.

100_3672_zpse5e981d4.jpg?t=1358306639

One more from that vacation
100_3673_zpscb4631e7.jpg?t=1358307169

This is from November 2012
th_M_M_zps6f120851.jpg

December 2012
9119AFB5-D878-4F34-9626-BD27D3CCBC85-24164-00002605FD2F6C23.jpg

And January 2013
th_IMG_1343_zpsb1bb9842.jpg?t=1358306225

I have 24 pounds to go until I'm at the top of my ideal weight! I gave myself 12 months to get there, 9 down 3 to go and nothing but making myself stronger from there!

Good Luck to everyone on this journey and a huge thank you to MFP. The support, inspiration and education this on-line community has given me has changed my life. MFP has given me the motivation I needed to make this happen :smile:

Replies

• Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow Great job!!! You look wonderful!!

Any tips you'd like to share?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look tremendous:drinker:

That is nothing less than spectacular and I'm so proud of you--55 pounds in 9 months?!??? That's absolutely SHERO stuff in my book for sure!!!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOW, great job!! I would love to lose that much in 9 months. I'd be so close to my goal! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic-and it looks like your husband is right there along with you:) keep it up!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing girl! Such a big difference, congrats! :)
  • keacho44
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaay - you look wonderful! Be so proud of yourself! New skinny clothes are fun to shop for...right??!!!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look like a new woman. Very well done!
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look fantastic and a bit younger.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great and it appears your husband has also trimmed down too! :flowerforyou:
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    congratulations on such a great job....
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!!!! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • leyshockl
    leyshockl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you! Congrats!!
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

As silly as it sounds what really got me thinking was when my doctor said to me he could write me a prescription when I am sick, but I'd have to write my own prescription to get myself back in shape.

I read a lot on these message boards about diet and exercise and on http://www.nutrition.gov/
    I started eating much better and I cut pop out of my diet (used to have 1 diet coke/day, but then would never drink enough water). Now I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, but usually more.

To get myself started, I decided on a certain day to kick off my journey. I had to have this day in my mind so I'd actually do it. In the past it was always "one day I'll start doing this," but then life happened and I never made time for it.
    My goal is to work out for at least 30 minutes (I shot for 45 minutes), 5 days per week. Anything less than 5 days/wk wouldn't get the results I wanted. I had too far to go. Seeing my friends on here logging their workouts and seeing their results kept me going. That was a huge motivator to me. If they could do it, so could I, right?

I've mostly done cardio - The C25K program worked for me. I now want to run in my first 5K, then 10K and so on.
    I've added strength training recently and started reading New Rules of Lifting for Women.

When I get bored with my cardio (treadmill interval training mostly), I have Jillian Michael's DVDs that are awesome. I also love Reebok's Stability Ball Workout, although it's a little cheesy.

The key for me was scheduling my workouts before everyone else in my family is up in the morning and before I go to work. This wasn't easy for me as I'm a night owl, but there was no way I could do it after work. That's when it's time to be a mom and after my son's goes to bed I just want to relax.

I actually love getting up early now and feel awesome after workout. It really is a great way to start your day :)
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

As silly as it sounds what really got me thinking was when my doctor said to me he could write me a prescription when I am sick, but I'd have to write my own prescription to get myself back in shape.

I read a lot on these message boards about diet and exercise and on http://www.nutrition.gov/
    I started eating much better and I cut pop out of my diet (used to have 1 diet coke/day, but then would never drink enough water). Now I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, but usually more.

To get myself started, I decided on a certain day to kick off my journey. I had to have this day in my mind so I'd actually do it. In the past it was always "one day I'll start doing this," but then life happened and I never made time for it.
    My goal is to work out for at least 30 minutes (I shot for 45 minutes), 5 days per week. Anything less than 5 days/wk wouldn't get the results I wanted. I had too far to go. Seeing my friends on here logging their workouts and seeing their results kept me going. That was a huge motivator to me. If they could do it, so could I, right?

I've mostly done cardio - The C25K program worked for me. I now want to run in my first 5K, then 10K and so on.
    I've added strength training recently and started reading New Rules of Lifting for Women.

When I get bored with my cardio (treadmill interval training mostly), I have Jillian Michael's DVDs that are awesome. I also love Reebok's Stability Ball Workout, although it's a little cheesy.

The key for me was scheduling my workouts before everyone else in my family is up in the morning and before I go to work. This wasn't easy for me as I'm a night owl, but there was no way I could do it after work. That's when it's time to be a mom and after my son's goes to bed I just want to relax.

I actually love getting up early now and feel awesome after workout. It really is a great way to start your day :)

Thank you for sharing. I love to read the success boards - it helps keep me on track and lets me know - it can be done! Hearing how you kept at it, made goals, and altered your day (getting up early) really helps! I too am a night hawk but I also love the feeling of getting up early. The getting up early just isn't so easy when I don't get myself to bed early!

Thanks again for sharing your pics and how it worked for you!
  • sunnysidey
    Options
    Way to go!!!! That's awesome :-)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fabulous! My 9 month anniversary was yesterday and what a difference between now and last April, right? Clothes shopping is exciting again! Again, you look wonderful!
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    You look great! What a wonderful difference it makes in your looks!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work...well done!
  • cstrickland68
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!