a peanut butter w/o hydrogenated vegetable oil in it?

Options
2»

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Smucker's natural...like crack in a jar!!!

This^
  • tnloser1970
    Options
    Any "natural" brand should be fine. Don't spend a lot on fancy "no stir" varieties, because it really just takes 2-3 seconds to stir peanut butter. A lot of the natural varieties in my city are located in a refrigerated aisle near the cream cheese and butter.

Just read the label on the natural. Sometimes they are tricky. I found several with added sugar and other stuff that would be considered natural. I finally found one that was just peanuts.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you all!!!...my daughter and I looked at many peanut butter brands in our local store and were either finding hydrogenated vegetable oil or 2 inches of oil sitting on top of the peanut butter...I will definately look at all my options here...YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!!

The smuckers natural will have oil sitting at the top. That doesn't mean it's bad. it's much better for u than most other the other heart attack in the jar kind. It has no hydrogenated oil in it. Oil at the top does NOT mean it's hydrogenated oil.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    http://www.wildharvestorganic.com/servlets/productDetails?categoryId=20&productId=224

This is gets a vote from me and my kids. Just peanuts. Tastes fresh, just like just shelled nuts. to me.
    I love a little peanut oil in stir fry.
    awesome in asian peanut sauce too. either the oil or the pb.
    and we often find it on sale in our local store.

they make a crunchy version too.
  • juneypoos
    Options
    Why not try making your own, recipes suggest adding the oil but you could experiment using a healthier option. If you google it recipes appear without oil :happy:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Better'n Peanut Butter @ Trader Joe's-is great-my daughter got me hooked-All natural-2 Tbsp=100 cal-2 g Fat
    no sat fat
    no trans fat
    gluten free
    dairy free
    no cholesterol
    no preservatives
    gmo free
    kosher
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    The Kraft all natural is just peanuts, nothing else. My kids love the smooth while myself& my husband prefer the crunchy.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you all!!!...my daughter and I looked at many peanut butter brands in our local store and were either finding hydrogenated vegetable oil or 2 inches of oil sitting on top of the peanut butter...I will definately look at all my options here...YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!!!

The smuckers natural will have oil sitting at the top. That doesn't mean it's bad. it's much better for u than most other the other heart attack in the jar kind. It has no hydrogenated oil in it. Oil at the top does NOT mean it's hydrogenated oil.

Exactly. Oil at the top means it DOESN'T have hydrogenated oils in it, which remain solid at room temp. Having to stir it means it's the real deal.

Oh, noes...I have to stir my food...too much work!!! :sad: Stir it, stick it in the fridge, and the fridge will keep the oil incorporated and keep it from going rancid, since it doesn't have preservatives.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I need to lower my triglycerides drastically and am looking for a peanut butter that does not contain hydrogenated vegetable oil in it...I have very recently had my gall bladder removed and a hernia repaired...does anyone know of a creamy peanut butter that is healthy for me plz?...prefered with honey but not neccessary...Thank you...

To answer your question, get some peanuts and throw in the food processor and grind them up until they make peanut butter.

Even though you should avoid hydrogenated oils, avoiding transfats is not going to lower your triglycerides.

You need to cut sugar and processed carbs out of your eating to lower triglycerides.

Your doctor or dietician should have told you this already.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Better'n Peanut Butter @ Trader Joe's-is great-my daughter got me hooked-All natural-2 Tbsp=100 cal-2 g Fat
    no sat fat
    no trans fat
    gluten free
    dairy free
    no cholesterol
    no preservatives
    gmo free
    kosher

You failed to mention that this stuff has soy in it and is NOT NATURAL. It is more processed than some of the commercial peanut butters on the market.

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).