Mio Active Connect - Is it worth it?

Options
I've been looking into the Mio Active Connect watch and it seems like a really fantastic way to track calories burned and heart rate. I really like that it can be integrated with MFP. However, I have read mixed reviews. Some people say that the pedometer function is really inaccurate, but others say that it is great. There are a number of reviews that note some problems with tracking if sweat is under the watch, but I don't believe that this will be a problem for me because I normally don't sweat much on my arms during exercise. Does anyone else have any experience with this product? Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Bodymedia fit and the new Basis. There is also the new Amiigo coming out b
  • BeFitPro
    Options
    I just recently bought the Mio Acitive Connect.
    It works well and it has great features. I particularly like the heart rate reading and that it can measure your calories depending if you are wallking/running with steps or other activities like strength training via heart rate. The watch isn't too big or man-ly.
    I haven't tested the miles and MPH feature.

You can enter caloies consumed too. But I am leaving that to my entries on MFP.

The one buggy thing about the watch is the upload. It works inconsistently. I just bought mine, but the USB connection feels loose. Sometimes I get an upload error because of Java issues. What worse is that the troubleshooting guide is too general and broad to answer my issues directly. But when it does work, it's great!. You can see your progress on the mymio page and even be able to export it to a spreadsheet (it only has 7 days in its memory) OR you can see the calorie adjustment on MFP. But you can't do both. You have to download each time. You also cannot upload your current calorie expenditure. So on MFP you don't have your calorie balance for the day.

So is it worth it?
    The upload issue is big especially since I am not sure if it will work "this time". I will likely return it and I may try out the new Fitbit that is coming out this Spring for $30 less.
  • Cellothere00
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. It seems like a really good concept, but with glitches. I purchased one on discount from eBay, but it came with a 30 day back guarantee so I may return it if it doesn't fit my needs. The fitbit sounds interesting!