I'm stuck and need help plz

Options
Hello, I started MFP two weeks ago on tomorrow and I have only lost three pounds so far. I am excerising 2-3 days a week and I'm usually staying below my calories it allows me to have. I have cut out refined carbs and sugars, which I have been struggling with. Can anyone give me any advise what I need to do and what to eat to keep this weight coming off? My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds. I just get discouraged, if I dont see fast enough results. Then I give up everything I'm doing, but I dont want to do that this time.

Replies

• swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fantastic progress actually! That's 1.5 lbs a week. That's a very healthy rate.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started MFP two weeks ago on tomorrow and I have only lost three pounds so far. I am excerising 2-3 days a week and I'm usually staying below my calories it allows me to have. I have cut out refined carbs and sugars, which I have been struggling with. Can anyone give me any advise what I need to do and what to eat to keep this weight coming off? My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds. I just get discouraged, if I dont see fast enough results. Then I give up everything I'm doing, but I dont want to do that this time.

You are going to have to work on your expectations...sorry. Weight loss isn't linear, it takes time and work. You are doing well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and weight loss doesn't happen that fast either.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you are right on track. Losing much more than a few pounds a week isn't very healthy, anyway. 3 pounds in 13 days is pretty good. Also if you are just starting to work out, you will put on a little muscle, so you will be healthier but your weight won't change.

That is where I am right now, too. Eating at my calorie limits, exercising at about 300 calories a day. I lost like 5 pounds reallly quick over the holidays while all my friends were away and I was eating less and had time to go on a couple of jogs. I over-eat instead of studying when I'm stressed about school, so with that gone, and less beer, I was actually under-eating! I joined MFP, started eating healthier, watching calories both to not go over or under, etc. I also put a screeching halt to my excessive sodium intake, which was probably making me retain lots of water. That would account for most of my weight loss. Potassium salt substitute is amazing, by the way.

My weight hasn't changed in a couple weeks, now, but I feel so so much better!!! My pants fit again, yay!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fantastic progress actually! That's 1.5 lbs a week. That's a very healthy rate.

^This
  • cl0377
    cl0377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing just fine. The only thing I can see based on your post is that you should be eating up to your calorie limit. If you are consistently eating below it, your body will go into starvation mode, and your metabolism is going to tank... then you will have a really hard time losing weight. Oh, and something I learned at weight watchers when I was on it, was to not cut out oils/fats, but to eat healthy ones.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great, Keep it up!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

This is a great start-I am a 2 times WW life-timer!-I am also new-You want to make this journey manageable-slow & steady wins the race-Focus on the long road ahead-It's the maintenance that is the hard part-Now is the part where you change your life-style choices-Hope this helps?????