When do you weigh?

Options
I know they say to weigh at the same time of the day- but when do you weigh yourself?
what time of day do you prefer?

Replies

• ggv1978
    ggv1978 Posts: 10
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week, I try to keep it consistent so I do it every Wednesday as soon as I wake up. If you weigh yourself everyday you'll find your weight fluctuating, just from personal experience.
  • LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I should start weighing in the mornings....

your tracker is totally rad btw
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Friday mornings
  • Saucen
    Saucen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mondays when I wake up. I work nights so that's around 8pm.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so I weigh myself when I get up in the afternoon
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Monday when I wake up, around 4.30am. Admittedly I jump on the scales every other day for motivation though.
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week, I try to keep it consistent so I do it every Wednesday as soon as I wake up. If you weigh yourself everyday you'll find your weight fluctuating, just from personal experience.

Me too! I found long time ago that Wednesday is my 'light' day, so I started recording my weight loss on Wednesdays, mornings, after I wake up and been to the loo. I may weigh myself other times of the day and other days for 'interest', but Wednesday morning is my day. The scales are put in the exact same place on the bathroom floor too! :laugh:
  • tiff_doubleu
    Options
    I always weigh myself on Friday after waking up.

However, since I'm a bit heavier and tend to lose at a more rapid pace, I like to start most days by weighing myself. It my daily reminder to concentrate on healthy choices. For some people - that would drive them crazy, but I don't get too stuck on the numbers and find it very motivating.
  • tripzydeezy
    tripzydeezy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thursday morning when I go to the gym after i get off my last 16 hr shift of the week...I don't even own a scale of my own. I'm cheap in that way, and several others.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Ive been following another diet and weighing on Tuesday Mornings @ 5am before work.

Hard to do.

Switched tp MFP on Sunday, so thank the Lord i can now weigh in when i rise on the weekend! :tongue:
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Actually, i noticed last week when i weighed in that there is a 1kg discrepancy between my Bathroom floor and my wooden floor.

Cant figure it out :/ ...unless the scales are on the way out?

Edit: Sorry about the double post boo boo :blushing:
  • ggv1978
    Options

Me too! I found long time ago that Wednesday is my 'light' day, so I started recording my weight loss on Wednesdays, mornings, after I wake up and been to the loo. I may weigh myself other times of the day and other days for 'interest', but Wednesday morning is my day. The scales are put in the exact same place on the bathroom floor too! :laugh:

LOL! I also place my scale exactly on the same spot..like it makes a difference, huh! The things we do to syke ourselves.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tuesday mornings before I eat breakfast.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    In the morning butt-*kitten* naked after I've peed.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    In the morning before breakfast and after i use the toilet lol with pj's on or off. sometimes it can be water weight, though.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My goal is once a month on the first of the month..I started tracking on MFP Jan 1st..but couldn't help it and weighed in on the 11th..weight went down by 7.4 pounds (I'm guessing primarily due to previous salt retention)! Even though it motivated me, I felt bad about jumping on the scale before Feb 1st..so, I dropped it off at my parents until January 31st...

I find I eat sooo much better when I'm not weighing myself daily because I'm trying to do my best for the next weigh-in. A friend who had seen me in December commented that it looked like I lost weight, so I think I'm on the right track. If anything, I feel great - which is really what counts and I haven't had any cravings or binges (my issue is binging)..

I'm getting really excited for my weigh-in though (and it will be in the morning after peeing without clothes..lol!) - can't beleive it's still a few weeks off!
  • mitsi94
    mitsi94 Posts: 64
    Options
    However, since I'm a bit heavier and tend to lose at a more rapid pace, I like to start most days by weighing myself. It my daily reminder to concentrate on healthy choices. For some people - that would drive them crazy, but I don't get too stuck on the numbers and find it very motivating.

I do this too! I weigh myself almost every day, and use it as a tool to help me learn how my body reacts to what I do and what I eat. I don't worry about the couple lbs up and down from day to day due to water retention, TOM, or whatever. I expect that, because it happens to everyone. But by checking in every day, I am learning about my body now, which is something I wasn't really paying attention to before. I too find it motivating and find that it helps me want to make healthy choices as well.
  • Gailbike
    Options
    I weigh 1x per week ...... First thing in the morning. Best time! Just like the other person said....no fluctuations.
    :smile:
  • ggv1978
    Options
    In the morning butt-*kitten* naked after I've peed.

haha...make sure u take a dump too!