Remaining Calories. HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• israworlds
    Options
    I have this problem a lot, so if it happens often, my sugestion is trying planning out your day a little more in advanced so you can up portions or add stuff to meals to avoid this.
    But you could A. have anything you want that stays within that calorie range, or B. if you're like me and also keep a close eye on your macros or other nutrients, then think of some snacks that sound good, add them in in varying portion sizes or in various combinations of foods and see what gets you closest to calories and best on macros. I usually go for some light ice cream, maybe fruit and yogurt, popcorn, pretzels, cheese and crackers, really depends if I have fat and sugar left to spend because those I like to watch more carefully (that is bad fats and added sugar)

Nuts are really good (I usually go unsalted almonds, 150 calories, some other nuts have more calories, but also more fat and carbs so it depends what you're looking for). Peanut butter sandwich, or a regular sandwich with lunch meat or chicken or something. Or just heat up some leftovers, make an omeltte there are lots of options

Thank you so much for this handy insight!
    I think I need to go shopping for some light snacks. I actually ate a lot today, but I burn a lot of calories with my workout and drink a lot of water.
  • FameorShame
    FameorShame Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As long as you are over your 1200 base calories you don't need to use up every calorie available. It is only a problem if you go below 1200 because your body goes into starvation mode :)
  • israworlds
    Options
    As long as you are over your 1200 base calories you don't need to use up every calorie available. It is only a problem if you go below 1200 because your body goes into starvation mode :)

Thank you! That's great to know. :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Thank you! That's great to know. :)

I would like to add that as a man, your caloric needs will be much higher. If you've been hungry all day and have a large number of calories left, you probably need to plan your meals out. I would also suggest having some nice proteiny snacks in your backpack (did I read right that you are a grad student?). No need to starve yourself, this is for the long haul