Body Fat % to "See" Abs

Options
2»

Replies

• krullone
    krullone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just want to see my toes before I worry about seeing my abs.

Now that is a good one! Actually made me chuckle... keep on keepin' on!

FWIW, I'm about about 10% now and if I flex real hard and squint my eyes I can see that abs (which I've never have seen in 42 years) are wanting to come out. I'm not sure I'll go any lower to try to free them, but we shall see.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm "lean" and have a 6-pack.

ETA: 16.8% in my profile pic.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My profile pic was when I was probably between 20-24% but I was dehydrated from a medication I had to take. Did make me see a little definition, but I don't think I will ever have a six pack, I guess you have to have abs to reveal them! I am posting the pic below, you might find it interesting
    jgml9t.jpg
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am a woman in the satisfactory - fair bf range, and I do see some definition. True, my fat goes mostly to my hips. I do indeed do my ab and lateral ab routines very regularly, they are my fav.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Just curious - wouldn't body composition come into play at some point?

I'm guessing that is why these are ranges and not absolute numbers :wink:
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Well yeah that is the point I was making. I am overweight but you can see my top abs when I tense. Some people don't have this at a healthy weight.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm in the lean range, around 18 to 19% (at least according to my scale) and my abs are flat but no sixpack because there's a layer of fat covering them up. But that's okay with me, I prefer a "curvier" look.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I can see mine at up to 14% or so. For an unflexed fully visible six pack, under 9-10% with minimal bloating.

I agree. I have a clearly visible 4-pack in the 14-15% range. To get the full six-pack with lower ab definition, I have to be well under 10%.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just want to see my toes before I worry about seeing my abs.

LOL - Yeah that is a great feeling to see them again. Every so often, I just look down and wave at them and say hello! Keep going you can get there!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

I'm guessing that is why these are ranges and not absolute numbers :wink:

This. My last professional test has me at 14%. I have a very strong/tight core and lift heavy but while I have oblique and top 2 definition I don't have a ripped 6 pack for that low of BF. It's not my goal so I don't care but I do believe that genetics and how your built are a key factor as well.