Wanting to buy a bodymedia fit and need opinions/answers...

Options
Hi all,

About to jump in the deep end and purchase, but i need to know some things first.

- how big is the large band? My arms are my fattiest body part.
- the burn it gives you; is it an estimate of your TDEE??
- any things you DON'T like about it?

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Mine came with the medium armband and it JUST fits my 17 inch upper arm. So I imagine the large armband would be even bigger than that.

Yes, it keeps track of your TDEE throughout the day, and projects what you will burn by the end with 90% accuracy I say. I usually leave off 50-100 cals that it tells me to eat. Most of the time it's so dead on it's scary. Yesterday it said I was going to burn 2700 by midnight after I synced my device before dinner. I ended up burning 2666.

I like it! It's been very helpful in making sure I'm eating enough but still keeping a 500 calorie deficit. The only thing I don't like is when I use my stationary bike I have to put it on my left calf to get an accurate reading. Something about your arms not moving, it doesn't pick up the activity. Also while I am driving I have to take it off if I am driving a long distance because it picks up my braking and accelerating as steps. Inflated calorie burn!! Not really big issues. It's also GREAT for step counting and monitoring sleep.

You can add me as a friend if you like and see how it works for me!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Small strap fits arms with a circumference of 6.5"- 10"
    Medium strap fits arms with a circumference of 8"- 15"
    Large strap fits arms with a circumference of 12"- 24"

Like Ray's Wife said, it ships with the medium size. You can order replacement straps on the Bodymedia site or on ebay. It shows you close to your TDEE. I usually have to eat a little under my 1000 calorie def. to lose 2 lbs a week so it's not completely exact, but I LOVE it, and I've had mine three years. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Things I don't like? I have an old one, so I had to get the display watch to see my burn (the new ones sync with your phone) so I have the clip on my strap, it's a little biggish. And when I hit my goals it beeps loudly, and I have to hit the button twice to get it to clear and see my burn again (sounds petty but it takes FOREVER) and it's a pain. But mostly I just love it.